Apparently Adam Jones challenges the fans to some batting practice

bOhs01

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh for the love of god, its a joke! Jesus, I guess we are going to ignore all his other twitter posts where he talks about "concentrating more" and "working harder".

Wow,not a good idea to challenge the fans like this. I think he is a pro player. I can challenge him at my job but he would fail,too. I wonder if his marketing and sales skills are good. We are going to have like an apprentice TV show?

I don't care about this but last night, during his interview, he mentioned how he gets texts from his mom during the game about slamming his helmet down, etc...

Now, it wasn't clear if he saw those texts during or after the game but if it was during, does anyone have a problem with the man checking his cell phone during the game? I know I sure as hell do.

oh for the love of god, its a joke! Jesus, I guess we are going to ignore all his other twitter posts where he talks about "concentrating more" and "working harder".

What do you expect? He's one of the whipping boys this year. A couple of people start saying he's an egomaniac and pretty soon others jump on the bandwagon, no matter how unfounded it is.

The guy could rescue 100 orphans from a burning orphanage and people would say he just did it for recognition or something.

He's not having a great start to the season. He hasn't been great since the first half of last season. He's got a lot of things to work on. I get it. But all of this ego crap and people saying he doesn't care and that he's nonchalant and that his AS/GG awards have gone to his head...it's just stupid.

He's becoming more and more like Willie Mays Hays from Major League 2 everyday. Hey Adam, why don't you put in some more time in the cage by yourself. Or better yet get a hit when the lights are turned on.

Runs like Mays but hits like sh**

[He's not having a great start to the season. He hasn't been great since the first half of last season. He's got a lot of things to work on. I get it. But all of this ego crap and people saying he doesn't care and that he's nonchalant and that his AS/GG awards have gone to his head...it's just stupid.

I think it did go to his head a little. The slump actually might be the best thing for him. I think he is trying to adjust now. He has swung the bat pretty well the last two night.

Again, we are going to ignore ALL the other posts huh? I mean we are going to ignore all the positive posts huh?

Moreover, his twitter isn't "locked" I am looking at it right now, but you can only view it of AJ friends you. Which means that the blogger who can't read it DIDN'T read it - it was sent to him.

Moreover, that "easy from the stands" comment is nowhere to be found, on his page.

People are just looking for an excuse now.

I don't care about this but last night, during his interview, he mentioned how he gets texts from his mom during the game about slamming his helmet down, etc...

Now, it wasn't clear if he saw those texts during or after the game but if it was during, does anyone have a problem with the man checking his cell phone during the game? I know I sure as hell do.

I kinda had the same feeling. In all of the dugouts I've been in (college, showcase, minors) you wouldn't dare pick up a cellphone.

I guess it's different at the top. Don't know.

Ditto on this. Of course he's off to a terrible start, but the Jones as OH scapegoat has gotten ridiculous, laughable, and just plain stupid. There are literally around 5 new threads a day about his "ego."

Personally, I have zero problems with his attitude. His at-bats on a whole have looked much better the last two games and hopefully it's a sign of him moving out of whatever habits have plagued him during his struggles. We need him to succeed if we want to see improvement from the team.

He most likely isn't checking his phone during the game, but he probably gets the messages after the game in the locker room.

I kinda had the same feeling. In all of the dugouts I've been in (college, showcase, minors) you wouldn't dare pick up a cellphone.

I guess it's different at the top. Don't know.

It might be that he gets them during the game but doesn't actually read them until after the game.

Archived