Two Outs Man On Third Game Tied In 9th Who Do You Want Up?

Old#5fan

Runner On Third Two Out Game Tied In 9th Who You Want Up?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Runner On Third Two Out Game Tied In 9th Who You Want Up?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markakis.

Statistically speaking, there is no such thing as "clutch." Over a large enough sample size, players hit at their career averages even in important late-game situations. If we could just get OldFan to remember every single late-game at-bat in a player's career, then we wouldn't need statistics and his argument would actually hold weight.

Do you recall the 9th inning ABs on August 27,2007? How about April 20, 2007? Or even July 14, 2007? Statistics do.

Career Clutch Stats from baseball reference

With 2 Outs & Runners In Scoring Position

MARKAKIS - .260/.364/.462 (.826 OPS)

TEJADA - .280/.360/.447 (.806 OPS)

WIGGINTON - .247/.330/.429 (.760 OPS)

Late & Close

MARKAKIS - .313/.391/.472 (.863 OPS)

TEJADA - .291/.357/.468 (.825 OPS)

WIGGINTON - .249/.320/.430 (.750 OPS)

With Game Tied

MARKAKIS - .323/.391/.481 (.872 OPS)

TEJADA - .299/.350/.487 (.838 OPS)

WIGGINTON - .261/.330/.427 (.757 OPS)

Miggi's my main man, but Nick gets the gold & the bronze goes to Wiggy

Poll to follow:

The Poll scenario only applies to this season.

Geez Dude, are you a glutton for punishment or something? Is this really the kind of intelligence you want to present to people?:rolleyes:

By the way, Markakis is my choice. He's the best hitter on the team.

Career Splits, Runner on 3rd, Late, 2 Out

Markakis - .372 .414 .562

Tejada - .365 .377 .545

OH HAI NICK

Stats Shmats. How many game winning RBI walk off hits in close and late situations does he have? Is it more than Frank Robinson or Babe Ruth? Has he ever hit a game winning HR in the AS Game like Michael Young? Is he even close to being as good as Curt Blefary? If not, then Markakis is clearly a bum who doesn't deserve to play in the Major Leagues.

Archived