O. Cabrera Willing to Move to Third for Tejada

erb8472

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree....Weaver or Santana have to be in the trade, unless they trade Wood and Kendrick together. The cool thing with the Angels is that they have so many combinations of players to work a deal from....hats off to them for that. Seems like the Angels are very reluctant to part with Weaver, Wood, Santana though....so I doubt it will happen. My guess is Houston. I haven't actually heard any names or real news. But if I had just spent that much money on Clemens for 1/2 a season and I wanted to close the 4 game defecit in the wild card race, Miggy would be the perfect fit in that lineup. I would guess Hirsh would have to be a part of any talks with Houston, but after him I don't know who else we would feel could add to the deal to make it work.

Huge difference, of course. But that wasn't what was asked.

My original comment was that there aren't many prospects who hit .360 for their minor league career. It was pretty obvious that I was referring to young prospects (teens and 20s). There's a huge difference between a 20-22 year old who hits .360 over the course of several minor league seasons and a 30 year old who does it a couple times during the course of a 10 year minor league career. So Short simply is not relevant to this discussion.

How many actual prospects hit .360 in the minors and don't end up becoming solid players?

Exactly. Try to find a prospect who hit over .350 for his minor league career, reached the majors by his early 20s, and did not become an above average player. I doubt you'll find many.

Here is a question for everyone.

If the Angels come back and say we will deal you Ervin Santana, Kotchman and Figgins for Tejada.

Would you do it?

Give me Aybar instead of Figgins and sure. But I'm not sure why they'd offer Figgins anyway. They need him for CF.

I guarantee we could turn and trade Shields for a player a lot better than McPherson or Kotchman.

Probably could have landed Kearns and almost certainly we could get Shealy for Shields.

I may be a little late to the party, but Kotchman is a much more highly rated prospect than Shealy.

Kendrick (12) and Aybar (46) are both BA top 50 prospects entering 2006. I am not sure why Aybar is considered swiss cheese per people above, but that is not the case. He is also a better fit for the Os considering he plays SS and we have Roberts to play 2B. Unless we play to flip Roberts (unthinkable, IMO) or Kendrick, I do not see why we would play for Kendrick before Aybar.

I personally do not require a super-prospect in return for Tejada. If we received four players who could be slightly above-average performers (as Kotchman and Aybar should be) who would make the MLB minimum, I would be fine with that. That would give us a strong base from which to add free agents/salary this offseason and next.

I may be a little late to the party, but Kotchman is a much more highly rated prospect than Shealy.

I know Shealy is older, but I still like him a lot more than Kotchman.

I'd certainly take him over Kotchman, and prefer him even more considering he'd probably take less to get.

Here is a few links that should help everyone on this thread

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=561

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=574

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=526

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=492

Saunders, Adenhart, obviously Santana and Marek look to be their best pitchers while we have already rehashed a million times who their offensive prospects are. Wood and Sean Rodriguez have an alarmingly high strikeout rate. Kendrick and Morales might be better options.

Also, here is the top 100

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/features/26660.html

They have 8 guys on there compared to our 4. We could definetely use an infusion of their talent for Tejada.

For me, I'm not sure I would need to get Santana or Weaver back in the deal.

I do think I would need to have Kendrick coming back in any deal. I'm not as high on Wood as others are. The more Kendrick hits at the big league level, the less likely it is that the Angels part with him.

We should ask for Kendrick, Aybar, Arredondo (apparently I'm the only one who really wants him), and one of Mathis or Saunders, in exchange for Tejada and Conine. In this case, they get to keep their "prized" pitching prospects together.

From what I read the Angels floated Santana as available for a big bat some time ago---before Jeff Weaver imploded, before young Weaver developed a sore arm, before Escobar developed a sore arm and before they got so hot that they are really in the race.

After all this I doubt Santana is available.

The Angels have so many intrigueing ml ready prospects that something could be worked out.

From what I read the Angels floated Santana as available for a big bat some time ago---before Jeff Weaver imploded, before young Weaver developed a sore arm, before Escobar developed a sore arm and before they got so hot that they are really in the race.

After all this I doubt Santana is available.

The Angels have so many intrigueing ml ready prospects that something could be worked out.

Weaver and Escobar are not hurt to any significant extent. Both are supposed to only miss one start.

Archived