May 8: Orioles @ Twins (Game 1)

PrivateO

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only Halliday and Superman give you more than 20 outs regularly...

Makes you wonder if Halladay is going to last much longer, or if he's got an arm like Palmer and still has plenty left in the tank. He's certainly not showing any signs of slowing down, but switching to the NL helps. I'd love to go from dominating the AL East to the NL and facing two less hitters each time through the order.

Interesting idea, but I'd be v. surprised if Ohman comes out for the 8th. DT's probably trying to get Koji and Simon accustomed to their roles as set-up and closer.

That insurance run might make the difference. Tonight's game also might factor in the decision. If I was Trembley I'm not sure I would save anybody but I also wouldn't be as rigid in my roles as he is.

Makes you wonder if Halladay is going to last much longer, or if he's got an arm like Palmer and still has plenty left in the tank. He's certainly not showing any signs of slowing down, but switching to the NL helps. I'd love to go from dominating the AL East to the NL and facing two less hitters each time through the order.

Roy Halladay is a class act. Awesome pitcher. He paid to have a billboard advertise his thanks to the fans in Toronto after he was traded. Pretty cool.

Halliday's a freak... in a good way... no, in a better-than-good way... plus, it's not that he always throws a ton of pitches, it's that he gets more outs out of X-pitches than other SP's do. While X pitches would get Erik thru 5 IP and maybe part of the 6th, the same number would get Halliday thru the 7th...

Archived