Trembley to be fired today?

Pedro Cerrano

I had stated in the offseason I was concerned about the younger players and their ability to carry the offense.

Unequivocally, you did. I think it is safe to say that you never forecast a meltdown like we are seeing, however. You also stated in the offseason that you thought this team would be slightly over .500.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost 6pm B'more time, so why is there no "Goodbye DT" thread? :angryfire: I've been waiting around like it's Xmas Eve. No it won't solve the problems, but the time has come.

Heard that Juan Samuel would be interim manager? Even after trying to send Tejada home down 7-8 runs with no outs? I hope they pull a USC and find a guy like Kiffin quick! If we can't win (yet anyways), then at least get someone that can start a fire.

Go O's!

sfosfan

It's almost 6pm B'more time, so why is there no "Goodbye DT" thread? :angryfire: I've been waiting around like it's Xmas Eve. No it won't solve the problems, but the time has come.

Heard that Juan Samuel would be interim manager? Even after trying to send Tejada home down 7-8 runs with no outs? I hope they pull a USC and find a guy like Kiffin quick! If we can't win (yet anyways), then at least get someone that can start a fire.

Go O's!

sfosfan

I agree about someone with fire.

But please no Kiffins !!!!!!!!!!!!

We need someone with managing experiance.

The Orioles are being terrible to Trumbley. How long are they going to keep him twisting in the wind? With the results this team is putting up, the target on his back is so large that reports about his imminent firing come out every single day... either say he's safe, or put him out of his misery.

Well those aren't exactly doing much for us either.

Hughes was minor league filler, Moore shows some promise but is more of a bench player at this point, the pitchers did nothing, and Jacobson looks pretty decent in A ball.

But there's nothing there that says only MacPhail could pull this off...

No he doesn't! Moore shows no promise!! At all!! Even as a bench player!! Where does the Scott Moore love come from?

Bowden was a ML GM like it or not, and you may not respect him, but what he says is the truth IMO. As a GM you aren't going to throw yourself under the bus when the team is doing poorly because you want to keep your job.

Andy MacPhail is a major league GM, like it or not and you may not respect him but what he says is the truth, IMO.

See what I did there?

At this point, I'd bring back Roland Hemond... He at least was willing to go after Rafael Palmeiro and his teams were competitive. And Mike Mussina was drafted under his watch.

Besides Gillick, he's probably the GM that's had the most success in the past 20 years.

He's freakin 81 years old!!! He hasn't been a GM since 1995 and you think it's a brilliant idea to bring him back?

I mentioned something about MacPhail in a post and somebody wanted follow up - hence I followed up.

I'd rather do that than be accused of running away.

And if you'd look, I'm not the one starting 90% of these anti-MacPhail threads or trends. Others are seeing things the same way now...

Cause you've never run away before. Ever.

Just saw on espn breakings news that Trembley would be fired tomorrow morning before Boston series begins.

The way the organization is going about this just seems so wrong. If the decision to let DT go has been made, why continue to let him twist in the wind? I understand AM likes to be deliberate in his actions, but come on. I just hope that if this is really going to happen, it happens tonight. Show the man some respect, and get it over with.

Rosenthal says it's a done deal that today was his last day. Says we have to do interim manager and then do a full blown search for a manager with MLB experience. Cannot go long term with anyone in the organization. I agree. I'll be interested to see if AM does a search for a long term solution intraseason or after the season. I just hope whoever it is they have some kind of track record of success at the MLB level. Either as a player or manager.

Bring us Mike Bordick!!!

Actually I agree with this. Mike's back in the organization. If you're gonna go with an interim manager, why not try him. He had a great knowledge of the game when he played. He was a blue collar guy who worked hard to be what he was. I have been thinking about him being a coach or manager since he retired.

BORDY! BORDY!

Actually I agree with this. Mike's back in the organization. If you're gonna go with an interim manager, why not try him. He had a great knowledge of the game when he played. He was a blue collar guy who worked hard to be what he was. I have been thinking about him being a coach or manager since he retired.

BORDY! BORDY!

Thank you! I thought I was gonna be trashed for this! But I think Bordick makes great sense! I would love it if they brought him on, at least on an interim basis! Just see what he's got to offer! But they would have to let him keep the staff or replace them at his liking! HINT...Hint...Bordy, get rid of Samuel and Crowley, but try to keep Kranitz!

I can't tell you guys how much I wished that we were starting to hear that McPhail talked Tom Kelly into managing this team, or Cal Ripken or somebody that would give us Oriole fans some kind of happiness and hope.

Instead Juan Samuel. Oh God when will all the craziness end.

Archived