Machado this year, Rendon next!

...and missing 6 week blocks here and there with thumb ligament injuries isn't helping.

Machado, Rendon, plus whomever we take with the #1 overall pick in the 2012 draft! (I think we're so bad, we're a lock for the #1 overall pick in next years' draft and the one after that....)

Assuming we draft Rendon in June 2011, when can we expect him to arrive in Baltimore? April 2013? Mid 2013? Sometime in '14?

And what about Machado? Is he going to play in Baltimore before Markakis requires a cane and a rocking chair?

I like the possibility of these two guys, but how long are we going to have to wait to enjoy the fruits of these selections?

Assuming we draft Rendon in June 2011, when can we expect him to arrive in Baltimore? April 2013? Mid 2013? Sometime in '14?

And what about Machado? Is he going to play in Baltimore before Markakis requires a cane and a rocking chair?

I like the possibility of these two guys, but how long are we going to have to wait to enjoy the fruits of these selections?

I doubt he signs before August of 2011, so he won't play that year.

Strasburg was up almost exactly one year after he was drafted, so mid-2012 would be the earliest, after that Super-2 deadline has past, unless we get off to a good start and actually think we'd be able to contend. In that case, I forget the money issue and just bring him up whenever he's ready.

Long ways away to worry too much about it, though.

Man could you imagine if Givens is moved to 2B and Hoes really starts to play well?! All we would need would be a power hitting 1B. Bell/Snyder/Rowell maybe?

Lot of "If's" there. Rowell looks like a bust to me at this point. Snyder and Bell might be average players, but I do not think the chance of either being a star is high. Givens can not stay healthy either. I will go out on a limb and say that non of the guys named above makes much of a contribution towards a future winning season.

This team had better spend some money and convince better talent to sign with the bottom dwellers of the AL East.

I think Hoes is our guy at 2B, based on his stats he reminds me of Roberts when he was in the minors. Very similar numbers though I don't expect Hoes to be as big of a factor in the SB catogory that would be a lot to ask.

As for our 1B, we either hope Bell or Snyder pan out, or we sign a big bat 1B when all the pieces are set.

Machado, Rendon, it doesn't matter. This team needs way, WAY more proven talent than it currently has or even to build on. A blind man can see that and if I was Angelos I would be ready to can MacPhail any day now.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/ask-ba/2010/2610191.html

Who are the top college bats available for the 2011 draft? I know it's extremely early, but I'm curious.

Rice third baseman Anthony Rendon is the best college bat for 2011, and he's the current frontrunner to go No. 1 overall in a draft that's considerably deeper than the 2010 crop. I'd take him over Bryce Harper. While Rendon doesn't have Harper's off-the-charts raw power, he has plenty of pop, is a better hitter, will play a more valuable defensive position, has proven himself against better competition and has better makeup.

We better not screw this up and win a bunch of games and take ourselves out of the 1st overall pick next year!

3B- Rendon

SS- Machado

The start of something big!

Watch -- as the Orioles "develop" these guys they'll get worse and worse the higher they go. If I was a hot prospect I'd quit the game before I'd let an Oriole coach teach me how to play.

Archived