BREAKING NEWS- Duquette Resigns

bej6789

And he's also guided the Orioles to 10 losing seasons with one of baseball's worst offenses.

I've come to a moderate view of Crowley. He's not the reason our offense never talkes walks; the problem is that we get players like Patterson and Payton in the first place.

If he's who MacP wants, then I guess it's OK.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another guy who was supposed to be the "savior" of the organization goes down in dust.

There is one problem with this team from which all other problems stem. The revolving door of FO personnel and coaches/managers will make no difference as long as Peter Angelos owns the team.

Amen..good post

If he's who MacP wants, then I guess it's OK.
Who MacPhail wants should be irrelevant. If this isn't Trembley's choice than the Orioles are in no better shape than we've been the past 10 years, which unfortunately, I believe is the case.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2007/10/jim_duquette_1.html

Roch seems to indicate that McPhail will bring in a GM or right hand man that definitely bumps Flanny if he stays in his current role and bumped Duq as well, hence his resignation.

Says it is a guy outside the organization and I like this idea. Bring more people outside of this losing tradition. Hopefully it is a quality FO person.

Anyone have info on who McPhail may try to add as his #2 guy?

Roch seems to indicate that McPhail will bring in a GM or right hand man that definitely bumps Flanny if he stays in his current role and bumped Duq as well, hence his resignation.

Says it is a guy outside the organization and I like this idea. Bring more people outside of this losing tradition. Hopefully it is a quality FO person.

Along with this is the statement in the MacPhail article that Duq didn't have the Orioles ties. Could the person MacPhail wants to possibly bring in have Orioles ties? And does the Orioles ties mean Flanagan definitely stays??

Terry Ryan????

Along with this is the statement in the MacPhail article that Duq didn't have the Orioles ties. Could the person MacPhail wants to possibly bring in have Orioles ties? And does the Orioles ties mean Flanagan definitely stays??

Where is the Orioles ties part. I reread Roch's post and he states nothing about Duq's Orioles ties or about bringing in someone with Orioles ties.

You may be confusing the info in Roch's blog with the article on Duq's resignation.

Terry Ryan sounds good but he probably stepped down to allow him more free time and I dont think being #2 for the O's will give him much more free time compared to when he was GM.

Archived