BREAKING NEWS- Duquette Resigns

bej6789

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a major surprise, I suppose, he was pretty much usurped from the throne by MacPhail. Good luck elsewhere, Jim.

I wonder if that means that Flanny will really have no say as far as personnel goes.

I have to feel Duq saw that MacPhail was going to be running things and that was that. So with that bit o info, he left.

Maybe this is a good sign. Good luck to Duq though, I thought he was a pretty good guy from what I saw of him in the press. I wish he would have had a little more power.

I wonder if that means that Flanny will really have no say as far as personnel goes.

I have to feel Duq saw that MacPhail was going to be running things and that was that. So with that bit o info, he left.

Maybe this is a good sign. Good luck to Duq though, I thought he was a pretty good guy from what I saw of him in the press. I wish he would have had a little more power.

Everytime MacPhail speaks, he basically says he's the final say in all matters.

Everytime MacPhail speaks, he basically says he's the final say in all matters.

Its one thing to have final say, and another to have total say.

I think that even when Flanny and Duq were in control, Angelos had final say.

I think MacPhail will be way more hands on than Angelos ever was and have the final say Angelos has. In that case, Flanny and Duq's opinion's don't hold any weight anymore.

There goes the Mets connection. Duquette loved former Mets such as Benson and Payton. Still we have him to thank for the groundwork in restablishing a connection with Boras that allowed us to sign Wieters. And the Patterson trade worked out pretty well.

Archived