BREAKING NEWS- Duquette Resigns

bej6789

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel bad for Duquette. It was probably obvious to him that his role was going to be limited.

I would have much rather kept him than Flanagan. One thing that always bugged me, though, was how he felt that Payton was a great player.

From the Sun and Orioleshangout articles, it seems that Duq took the lead on a lot of the moves we've made such as negotiating with free agents and on trades. So I am ambivalent about him quitting. I dont think the path we took with our free agent signings have been that great under Duq and Flanny the past two years and the trades havent exactly been great either. I liked Duq for his forwardness in interviews but I dont know who should shoulder more of the blame on the moves we made the last two seasons which were not good steps in the right direction.

I'm with the majority that wants Flanny gone as well. But I just get the feeling that he is such a PA guy, that he'll find himself some kind of diminished role within the organization. I really hope that MacPhail doesn't stop there. I really want him to bring in a whole new regime that has no ties to players signed or drafted within the past 5 years. I'm hoping for an unbiased view of players on the current roster and prospects in the minors.

Say bye bye to Mazzone to i think.

Why would you say that? Just curious. I like Mazzone. But I'm also tired of our managers being tied to the former managers coaches. So let Trembley bring in his own guys. I just don't want him to be tied to Crow and Mazzone.

Now, don't just gather more information, make some sound baseball decisions ASAP.

When does the "gathering of information" stop and the work begin? Gathering information is being tossed around now just as much as "the process" was tossed around the past few years...

I am going to miss Duquette's frankness. He always seemed to tell it how it was, and didn't always tote the company line. It was refreshing to hear sometimes.

Archived