Info on why Anderson will not be signed/Bywater, and others

Sometimes you have to reach. It may not work out with Anderson and Bywater but what the heck. You sign Machado and that's 7 or 8 out of the top ten. Not bad.

Cam Coffey says hi! :)

I agree that it's ok to cave every now and then. It's not ok to cave on them all though (not that you're saying it is).

For those who want the O's to spend more on the draft (like me), what that means in practice is we need to draft about 2-3 times as many high slot guys so we can sign 1/2 of them and let the other half go.

I like that JJ is being totally up front about the Anderson situation but you still have to wonder why he chose him to begin with. I mean, I guess he felt he could get them down off of their demands?

There was one article that said that Klein backed down from his demands and into the range Jordan was comfortable with and that is how a deal got done.

What are his demands?

Sounds like a deal could/should happen.

Yeah, I'd expect a deal to get done here. If he doesn't sign, this is one I would be somewhat upset about. The kid wants to sign, they aren't far appart, unless the kid is asking for a ridiculous amount of $$ there is no reason not to sign him.

Archived