9/20/10: Orioles at Red Sox

Don Quixote

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he were in the minors, he'd be shut down after an inning like that. What's the difference at this stage of the season in the majors with such a young arm.

He needs to build up his innings.

I also think its a good thing he has to work through innings like he had in the first. He needs to learn how to put hitters away with two strikes.

Edit-Look 13 pitches that inning with two strike outs. Guess he might be ok afterall.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think baseball's food concessions are largely an overpriced rip-off. The hot dog served at OPCY is the highest priced hot dog in the majors..In Miami you can get a hot dog at the park for 3 dollars.The entire price for attending a sporting event with a good seat is getting out of hand, and so is ALL entertainment.If you want a really good seat to see a top act you might have to take out a loan. Disneyland and Disney World are getting so expensive, that a middle class family of four simply is priced out of access.But back to baseball concessions. I dont eat meat, but I wouldn't buy a 9 dollar hot dog anywhere , let alone OPCY. I bring my food with me. It's the last line of affordability we're going to have in attending a ball game. Concession prices are unfair, but at least you can eat before the game...or  bring your own water and peanuts. Otherwise it's a shame...and it's wrong.
    • I don't know what got into him. I wonder if he made an adjustment or someone helped "fix" something..
    • I'd rather a thread by Roy saying that we should cut him now. The reverse jinx works both ways, so I think this thread is a biiiiiig mistake. That said, he was so good this series. Love that for him. On a broader point, this org does something right that's beyond the talent in the room. I assume it's advance scouting our opponents and preparation, but we're a step above. 
    • It does tend to have the lowest (out the door) prices but buyer beware a bit. We used them for Opening Day and it was a bit of a debacle (the first private seller never delivered, then they got us a second “preferred seller” that also never delivered, and then FINALLY came through with a third “preferred seller” that came through, albeit it took more than a few minutes). Dealing with all of this, while waiting on hold, and missing the start of Opening Day festivities definitely sucked and made for a stressful situation.  But, yesterday, for just me, for a matinee game in which the out the door price was $9 and I was already going to be arriving midway through the 1st inning, it worked great. So it might just depend on your situation, but like I said, buyer beware.
    • Crowded?   How about the at bats would be almost nonexistent with Holliday at 2B and Westburg at 3B.
    • Webb has been great since coming over, and he wasn't awful before. It's hard to believe the Angels waived him, but their loss is our gain.
  • Popular Contributors