9/20/10: Orioles at Red Sox

Don Quixote

Classic exchange on Sons of Sam Horn:

(referring to Matsuzaka)
Probably should have given him that DL time off a lot sooner. Like about a thousand other things this team hasn't bothered to do until it was too late all year.
And Buck Showalter's no longer available...

Eat your hearts out, suckas.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob, I saw friggin' everything.

I could live in Jackson, Wyoming. Seriously... most beautiful place I've ever been in this country.

Bears, Moose, Elk, Bald Eagles... I'm pretty sure I also saw a Chupacabra.

My son lived there for two years and loved it. I love the town square with the elk horns. Many good bars around the square - skiing is fab in the winter of course. Tetons, Yellowstone, moose, elk - beautiful!

I had wondered if the Jones flyout was a well-hit ball unfortunately caught by a good defender. Alas, I could not see, since I was following on Gameday and not watching television. I noticed the red dot was fairly deep, but it is not always placed properly. I said, correctly, that the batter flied out on one pitch.

Why was I not watching on television, and following on Gameday? Between the two of us, my fiancee and I have one car, and I do most of the driving, including taking her to and from work. She has a part-time job in the evening, far enough away from the house that it's prohibitive to make a return trip during a fairly short work shift. Luckily, I have periodic access to a computer. I've spent such time doing heavy retooling on my resumes (I, like many, have been out of a job for awhile and continue to look, without much success) and following the games as I can (I usually miss the last three or four innings driving us back, only occasionally arriving back at the house in time to see a game's end).

We don't have the kind of money that can be thrown around to MLB.tv and the like. Hell, I agonized over becoming a Plus Member here earlier in the year when I still had a job and a bit of spare cash. We do what we can for each other, not take the pontificating piss on a message board like some are wont to do (some, likely the same just mentioned, will define this post as just that, but they're off-base). Question my "fandom" (I don't contribute that much, though mostly because someone has already said the same thing. Say something once...why say it again? I seldom do.) or mentation if you like. You'll be wrong. I just happen to be a man who does what he needs to do first and is a fan second. Anyone who has a problem with that can piss off.

Before I forget, nice win by the O's tonight.

Archived