Heyman: Orioles being aggressive

Moose Milligan

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to believe this as an Orioles fan without hearing names of who they are targeting with the history that we have had, but whoever that reported this obviously got his facts from somewhere so lets be hopeful that they actually are targeting their players early this year and going after them.

I don't know what it means, but it obviously means we are doing something. So, that is good to hear, and should assuage the posters in the Lee/Werth thread who seem to think that the Orioles aren't doing anything.

I don't think they are going after Lee or Werth but they could be calling the agents of Victor Martinez, Adam Dunn, and Adam LaRoche already.

I don't think they are going after Lee or Werth but they could be calling the agents of Victor Martinez, Adam Dunn, and Adam LaRoche already.

I agree that Lee and Werth aren't "on the radar." But so long as they are picking their targets and being proactive rather than reactive, that's what I'm looking for.

I see a ton of people on here wanting Dunn. I don't understand why there isn't more of a movement to get Konerko. This guy puts up great #'s every year, plays a solid 1b and will DH if you need him to. No brainer to me.

...plus Konerko is right-handed :cool:...Go O's!!!

Roberts - 2B

Nishioka - SS

Markakis - RF

Konerko - 1B/DH

Scott - DH/1B

Jones - CF

Wieters - C

Pie/Reimold - LF

??????????? - 3B

It's good to hear. It also reinforces my expectations. AM won't do anything foolish. If he is out bid on everyone we end up with no one but I expect he will competitively pursue.

Edit: This is the last year of his contract and he will want to go out a winner.

Archived