Heyman: Orioles being aggressive

Moose Milligan

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With respect, wasn't it also Heyman who said that the O's were targeting ManRam last offseason? I'm pretty sure that was bull.

When Heyman says what I want to hear, he's a genius. When he says what I don't want to hear, he's a know-nothing blowhard. I'm assuming it's the same for everyone else, correct?

When Heyman says what I want to hear, he's a genius. When he says what I don't want to hear, he's a know-nothing blowhard. I'm assuming it's the same for everyone else, correct?

Correct. Rumors, either positive or negative, do not relieve my fears. I'll be happy when we start filling our holes with good solutions. Until then, I don't read too much into any of these stories.

Scottie is right...I am sure if AM is bashed for not being aggressive, people will point to this and say, well Heyman said he was being aggressive.

But those same people would probably bash Heyman if he said the Orioles were doing nothing, etc...

However, until AM is actually accomplishing good things, I don't really care about this.

Heyman also said the Pirates are being aggressive.

.. Anyway, I thought I'd post it for discussion's sake. (Also there's word Javier Vasquez could be had much cheaper than anticipated on ESPN, as front offices are skeptical of his drop in velocity and bad year.) Anyway, interesting stuff. UPDATE by Charlie: I'll believe it when I see it, but if there's any time we can dream on stuff like this, it's now. :laughlol:

Sounds like the O's fanbase.

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/pirates_interested_in_adrian_beltre/3572695an also said that the Pirates are being aggressive, We shall see.:eektf:

Scottie is right...I am sure if AM is bashed for not being aggressive, people will point to this and say, well Heyman said he was being aggressive.

But those same people would probably bash Heyman if he said the Orioles were doing nothing, etc...

However, until AM is actually accomplishing good things, I don't really care about this.

True enough -- results are all that matters in the end. However, some posters appeared to be concerned that MacPhail was just sitting back on his couch while the Yankees and Red Sox were going around contacting their targets. Heyman's tweet at least suggests that MacPhail has been active, whatever that means.

True enough -- results are all that matters in the end. However, some posters appeared to be concerned that MacPhail was just sitting back on his couch while the Yankees and Red Sox were going around contacting their targets. Heyman's tweet at least suggests that MacPhail has been active, whatever that means.

Probably means he is making calls to agents. MacPhail wants to see if the free agents have interest in Baltimore and getting a feel on price.. The other GM's are doing the same things.

What does being aggressive early in free agency actually mean?

We've left the first message for V-Mart's agent on his cellphone....? :clap3:

Yeah, gotta wonder what exactly "aggressive" means. At the very least, I hope it signals some sort of plan...and hopefully that plan involves a trade or two to upgrade SS or 3B because the FA options are not bountiful.

And some posters thought that AM wasn't going to go after Showalter.

And some posters thought that AM didn't want Showalter.

And some posters thought that Peter Angelos had to intervene to get Showalter.

And some posters thought Showalter would have no say over his coaching personnel.

And some posters thought that AM was protecting Crowley, Kranitz, etc.

And so on and so forth.

Hey, considering how b****y people are getting over the public notice that the Yankees told Lee's agent they will have an offer for him at some point, I think that it's just the report needed, not any actual specifics.

I don't understand the popularity of V Mart on this website. As I've said he will be a upgrade for the Orioles mainly because we didnt have diddly at 1B in 2010. But really he'd still only be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best 1B in our league based on how you value Overbay & Pena. He certainly far from the Bopper we need at 1B IMO.

I don't understand the popularity of V Mart on this website. As I've said he will be a upgrade for the Orioles mainly because we didnt have diddly at 1B in 2010. But really he'd still only be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best 1B in our league based on how you value Overbay & Pena. He certainly far from the Bopper we need at 1B IMO.

Then who do we have to choose from?

Any of the free agents would at best, be the 3rd best 1B in our division. That's not saying much.

If signing one of the solid FA 1B to a 1yr deal prevents us from doing something stupid like a 5:1 player deal, than I say, sign me up. Vmart, Dunn, D. Lee... Fine by me.

Let's worry about the 2011 O's being better than the 2010 O's, before we worry about them being better than other teams.

Archived