2/28 vs Pirates... O's - 6 Pirates - 2

Frobby

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Angel just said: The pitchers are throwing into the wind...which makes pitching even harder.

I don't disagree, but I always liked pitching into the wind. It increases the movement on all your pitches. This effect may be reduced in a stadium as the wind between the pitcher and catcher is probably muffled. But I liked to pitch with a wind in my face. Curveball just falls of a cliff.

Anyone notice how loud Valdimir Guerrerro's first inning infield single was relative to when other batters make contact? Sounded like mac truck. This guy really has some pop. Nice to have a guy like that, even with his career winding down.

By the way, for those outside the area looking for a way to listen to the game, if you're on the east coast or near it, it might be worth checking to see if you can get the game on am radio. Unlike the Orioles' flagship radio station the last few years, WBAL has a tremendous daytime signal (Nighttime is a different story). I'm in Pennsylvania listening to the game, and in the old days as a kid during WBAL's first stint as the Orioles flagship, I could sometimes get the games during the day as far away as North Carolina.

I listened to the first couple innings while on my way from King George to Fredericksburg in a storm...no problem with WBAL reception, except, of course, when encountering overhead power lines and the like. It's great to hear some baseball again. Unfortunately, when I got back to my place, I couldn't get 1090 on ye olde clock radio; I can hardly get any stations at all, AM or FM. Those bricks sure know how to keep the signal out.... I'm considering taking the laptop out to the car; hopefully my wireless FiOS will make it that far.... Not pleased that the WBAL site isn't carrying the live feed; I'm in the same boat as Who's On 1st.

Many thanks to weams for the p-b-p.

Glad I could help

Archived