Blockbuster brewing???

bigbird

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is you have a higher opinion of these 2 then i do, especially Cedeno.

Cedeno may surprise me but i just don't see it with this guy.

I am skeptical of Pie as well but I would like to get him.

This is why i need Marmol or Wuertz added to these guys.

Would rather get Pie and Gallagher than Pie and Cedeno.

What I said was-- if it were the best trade offered. I see Cedeno as a 40/60 guy, one that may (40% chance) or may not (60% chance) have a solid big league career as a starter. However, Pie is more regarded and under the circumstances with Tejada I'd hope for a bigger return but would pull the trigger if it were the best offer available. Marmol, Weurtz, or Gallagher would all be nice additions as well. Marmol is doubtful of course, but we can hope. :D

What I said was-- if it were the best trade offered. I see Cedeno as a 40/60 guy, one that may (40% chance) or may not (60% chance) have a solid big league career as a starter. However, Pie is more regarded and under the circumstances with Tejada I'd hope for a bigger return but would pull the trigger if it were the best offer available.

To pull the trigger on that trade, i would have to be really convinced that Pie was going to be a very good everyday CFer.

To pull the trigger on that trade, i would have to be really convinced that Pie was going to be a very good everyday CFer.

I agree. That deal could haunt us, but if it were the best trade offered to you as GM, would you do it based on everything you know now or would you keep Miggy until the AS break?

I agree. That deal could haunt us, but if it were the best trade offered to you as GM, would you do it based on everything you know now or would you keep Miggy until the AS break?

It would depend on what else is being done...I would like to get 2 guys for Miggy that we can look at as likely long term options.

But if we traded other guys and still needed that future CFer and got a real SS prospect, i may pull the trigger on the deal but i would try and get Wuertz or Marmol instead of Cedeno.

Willits will give you a good OBP and steal some bases but he has no power...I want a more complete player.

I would have liked to have gotten back Kotchman along with Saunders if we traded Tejada, but now that we have Huff and Millar I don't think we'd go after him.

He isn't good enough to be the second player in a Miggy trade unless the first player is a Justin Upton-esque prospect.

I think i would prefer to keep Miggy than to trade him for Pie and Cedeno.

I wouldn't. You say many are undervaluing Tejada, well I think you're overvaluing him.

I think we can probably do a little better than Pie/Cedeno, but do think that's a fair return. You can probably replace Cedeno with another guy with similiar value that you just happen to like more though. And there would be no 2nd player with a Justin Upton-esque prospect, we can't even get that type of prospect for him straight up.

Archived