Testimony in Documents Allege Joe Paterno Knew of Child Abuse in 1976

OFFNY

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1976 is a long time ago. Can anyone remember exactly what someone said to them that year? Not to mention Paterno is dead so it's not like they can do anything to him. ESPN is always looking for another juicy story, complete with allegations.

1976 is a long time ago. Can anyone remember exactly what someone said to them that year? Not to mention Paterno is dead so it's not like they can do anything to him. ESPN is always looking for another juicy story, complete with allegations.

The story is being reported by every major media outlet. Patrick included the ESPN link but he could just as easily have included any major sports site, or the Associated Press.

The story is being reported by every major media outlet. Patrick included the ESPN link but he could just as easily have included any major sports site, or the Associated Press.

I saw the espn link. I don't care who initially reported it. This is the definition of beating a dead horse.

I saw the espn link. I don't care who initially reported it. This is the definition of beating a dead horse.

Documents that were just released to the public today, with information that had never been public before, is beating a dead horse?

The allegations made may not be true, but they are new and were made under oath, so I would say it is news whether you believe them or not.

Whether someone believes them, or are they true, is a moot point. Paterno is dead. Sandusky is in prison. Penn State has settled all the lawsuits I believe. I don't see the benefit of rehashing this over and over. And just for the record, I'm a Terps fan.

If bringing this information to light makes it less likely that someone in his position stays silent when they know of wrongdoing it is worth it.

I would think most people understand that by now. If they don't, repeating it another 10 thousand times isn't going to help. Even Paterno said he wished he had done more before he died. He did tell the Penn State AD about it at some point. Or at least that's what I remember being reported.

I would think most people understand that by now. If they don't, repeating it another 10 thousand times isn't going to help. Even Paterno said he wished he had done more before he died. He did tell the Penn State AD about it at some point. Or at least that's what I remember being reported.

You have more faith than I do in the attention span of the public at large.

I think when it comes to things like molesting children you can keep bringing it up.

You have more faith than I do in the attention span of the public at large.

I think when it comes to things like molesting children you can keep bringing it up.

It's how I feel about the clergy scandals as well.

Bringing up the scandals at Penn State and with the Clergy over and over will not change the criminal predisposition of a small sector of the population. I wish it did, but if that worked the criminal justice system would be out of business by now.

I thought this was already well known. It's completely unreasonable to assume he didn't know. The folks clamoring for the return of his statue are disgusting. Ironic they would hire Franklin, who turned a blind eye to rape by a Vandy player.

Bringing up the scandals at Penn State and with the Clergy over and over will not change the criminal predisposition of a small sector of the population. I wish it did, but if that worked the criminal justice system would be out of business by now.

That isn't what I said.

I said that if it stops one person from being silent about what they know.

I went to Penn State. I knew Joe Paterno slightly.. I've been on his property. I've met Jerry Sandusky on several occasions. I'm all for real clarity.

Satyr3206 said:

SteveA said:

The story is being reported by every major media outlet. Patrick included the ESPN link, but he could just as easily have included any major sports. site, or the Associated Press.

o

This is from Penn State University's newspaper, The Daily Collegian:

Newly Unsealed Documents Allege that Former Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno and others Knew of Sandusky Abuse, Dating back to the 1970's

(By Sam Ruland)

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_fb5b1974-486d-11e6-84eb-57ccb888059d.html

o

Archived