• 2k views
    • 68 replies
    • 7.2k views
    • 16 replies
    • 2.7k views
  3. Buck - Espn 980 - 12/12/14

• 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
    • It is May 17th.  The Yankees are playing well but they were doing this 2 years ago and didn’t keep it up.  Lets see if Judge can stay healthy for the rest of the season.  If he does they will be a good team but as we know winning the division doesn’t assure you anything in the playoffs.  
    • The way I see it, picking at 1:17 is way different from picking at 1:1, 1:2 or 1:5.  So, I don’t assume Bradfield will be legit.  But my big worry coming into the year was that Bradfield would generate so few extra base hits that he wouldn’t be able to draw walks because pitches would just throw it over and dare him to hurt them.  Bradfield is showing that he has doubles/triples power, so that makes me feel a bit better about his ability to cause pitchers to be careful with him.  I still want to see his BA get a good bit higher than the current .253, but he’s trending in the right direction.  In 10 games since coming off the IL, he’s hit .278/.381/.472.  That’s the kind of slash line I can get behind!
    • I wasn't opposed to the trade and still don't have a problem with it, but I was hoping for a non 1B infield of Gunnar, Jordan, Holliday & Ortiz, with some kind of super utility/platoon role with Jordan and Joey. That infield would have been super flexible.
    • I'm pretty happy with the results, no doubt, but we clearly have our work cut out for us with the Yankees seeming unstoppable. Yes, we slowed them down ourselves, but they are beating up on other teams like the White Sox right now. Hopefully they run into some better teams and fall behind a little. Or get beaten up by bad teams. I'm OK with that too