Orioles looking to sign former OF Nolan Reimold to minor league deal

xian4

Because it's a minor league deal. Low risk, high reward. We know what he is capable of when healthy.

Was capable of. Even at his version of healthy who knows what he is capable of. He only had 78 PA last season. His K rate was much higher then his career numbers. Half of his hits did go for extra bases though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles remain in running to sign Reimold - School of Roch: The Orioles are continuing their attempts to sign... <a href="http://t.co/CjDK9vG1Pt">http://t.co/CjDK9vG1Pt</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">December 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why? He's in his 30s. But I suppose he can fill a roster spot in AAA.

Was capable of. Even at his version of healthy who knows what he is capable of. He only had 78 PA last season. His K rate was much higher then his career numbers. Half of his hits did go for extra bases though.

As long as it's a minor league deal, it's still low risk.

Is Delmon definitely not returning?

He hasn't signed with anyone. My point was Nolan could, possibly, fill that type of role for a team.

As long as it's a minor league deal, it's still low risk.

Oh sure. There is just a decent bust factor in play. I wouldn't promise him a spot on the 40 man right now.

On a minor league deal? Sure, why not? I have no problem with adding cheap depth with some pop on what's essentially a no-risk deal. I mean, what kind of monster would have a problem with that...?

;)

Especially since "depth" may mean he only needs to stay healthy a hot 5-6 weeks.

Archived