Would you take Melky Cabrera on a 3 year deal?

Greg

The Mariners have made free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera a three-year offer, Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com reports (Spanish language link). Cabrera is looking for at least one more guaranteed year, says Rojas. This news reflects a recent report from Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune, who suggested that the sides were at something of a standoff along those lines.

The O's won't even go three years. Not that I want Melky. They need to just sign Rasmus to a 1 year deal and be done with it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mariners have made free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera a three-year offer, Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com reports (Spanish language link). Cabrera is looking for at least one more guaranteed year, says Rojas. This news reflects a recent report from Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune, who suggested that the sides were at something of a standoff along those lines.

So, the only way we end up with Cabrera is if we offer more than 3 years, because there is no way the Orioles will match whatever the Mariners will offer on 3 years

Wrong Steve was on pace for over 3 wins in 2013 and over those seasons he never got more than 188 at bats so your saying those seasons should count more than his two most recent years...

Btw in the last two years in a little over 500 at bats he has been worth 5.7 WAR.....Steamer projects him to be worth 3.1 WAR and have a wRC+ of 129 next year....The guy has a career wRC+ of 110 and OBP of .337...

And the guy has a career minor league OPS of .897 over 2619 AB.....

Oh and in 2008 BP had him as the 43 BEST PROSPECT IN BASEBALL.....Just to recap

You guys want to give a former top prospect in baseball 5 million a year who crushed the minors and in his ONLY EXTENED ACTION IN THE BIGS HAD A 167 wRC+ AND WAS A TOP 10 PLAYER IN ALL OF BASEBALL LAST YEAR....

Like I said 3/24 is a steal....I'm right your wrong....I came with facts and you came with cliques like one year wonder....

Sorry your just WRONG!...GAME OVER lol just kidding, but you are wrong tho...

How much are you extending Lough for? 7/$77?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived