Can we steal Dexter Fowler from the Blue Jays?

25 Nuggets

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, that's right. The Astros need guys NOT on the 40 man roster. Mychal Givens and Trey Mancini?

I'd give them Yastrzemski and a low level pitcher like Brault. Bridwell might interest them, too.

Is Fowler willing to play LF? Because if he plays league average defense there then he's a 3 WAR player.

Really like the idea of trading for Fowler if the price isn't too exorbitant, which hopefully it won't be because it's a rental. My biggest concern for this year is having a legit leadoff guy, and I think Fowler could be it. There's a chance De Aza could be it, but would prefer to bat him lower in the order, and he may not play much against lefties. Fowler brings good career OBP, a little speed, and should be able to bring good defense to RF. If we add on bat, I'm much more interested in this than in picking up a thumper like Morse.

That's not good enough for some fans.

I agree. We are returning all but three of a team that went to the ALCS (without Machado, Wieters, and Davis) and people expected a shotgun approach to the roster in December? When we sucked for years I understood the drama, hopelessness, and aggressive desire for change. Coming off the last three years, it is about being selective and smart for me. I am sure that makes me a drinker of the orange kool aid.

I like Fowler in leftfield. I don't think he has the arm for right. His agent has said in the past that he would extend. It wouldn't be cheap but for that kind of OBP it might be worth a 3 or 4 year deal. He plays next year at 29.

I read the the Astros may be looking for bullpen help. He O's have a bunch of guys at AAA. Matusz and Webb is certainly tradeable.

Archived