Rosenthal: O's pushing hard for Looper, Redding

section36

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whos going to pitch?

Who else can we get to fill 1-2 spots in the rotation that would be less of a risk/disaster than 1 year deals with these guys?

They certainly aren't the sexy names but if people didn't want to pay AJ 90 million, didn't want to pay Garland 20+ million, don't want to pay Lowe, how can you not want to give these guys 1 year deals?

I'm the biggest proponent of waiting out the pitching and not blocking the youngsters as there is, but we have Guthrie, Olson, and really no one. Liz is the 3rd guy I guess but he projects as a reliever IMO. Any other ideas????

Good post. We need pitchers. Lots of pitchers.

Anything more than two years for either one of these guys is stupid imo. I guess if we are not going after Sheets, there really aren't any free agents available better than this anyway. However, anything more than two years will block the Tillmans, Arietas, and Matuszs and would altimitely not be good for our organization.

Looper is looking for multiple years I believe.

As I said earlier, if you were going to go this route, why not just keep DCab?

I agree would have rather seen one more year of Dcab, than giving a multiple year deal to Looper and signing Redding.

Maybe they can truly make it a special christmas, pass on Tex and give multiple year contracts to Redding, Looper and Garland.

Whos going to pitch?

Who else can we get to fill 1-2 spots in the rotation that would be less of a risk/disaster than 1 year deals with these guys?

They certainly aren't the sexy names but if people didn't want to pay AJ 90 million, didn't want to pay Garland 20+ million, don't want to pay Lowe, how can you not want to give these guys 1 year deals?

I'm the biggest proponent of waiting out the pitching and not blocking the youngsters as there is, but we have Guthrie, Olson, and really no one. Liz is the 3rd guy I guess but he projects as a reliever IMO. Any other ideas????

First of all, we should be pushing for Sheets and Kawakami..Sign some difference makers.

Secondly, if you sign these guys for 1 year, that's ok...They are terrible but 1 year is fine.

AM is rushing this...For once, he is rushing instead of waiting...There will be pitchers like this available all offseason...guys you will be able to sign for 1 year...these guys are the guys that will be hit by the economy.

Looper wants more than 1 year...If AM gives it to him, he is a fool.

Archived