Rosenthal: Guerrero and Orioles.

paranoidfan

Umm, by knowing what the players are making. How else would I figure it?
If you know what the players are making, then you can give a precise fugure can't you. So far you've estimated. Why is that, if you knoiw exactly? If you don't know exactly, then you don't really know, do you?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you know what the players are making, then you can give a precise fugure can't you. So far you've estimated. Why is that, if you knoiw exactly? If you don't know exactly, then you don't really know, do you?

Because I don't know what Scott and Guthrie are going to get, thus the range.

Is this really that hard for you to figure out?

Because I don't know what Scott and Guthrie are going to get, thus the range.

Is this really that hard for you to figure out?

You also don't know who will be on the OD 25 man roster. That can change the figures significantly. I think it's safe to estimate 12 MM for Gutherie and Scott combined, given the arbitration numbers reported. My OD roster estimate which doesn't include Vlad, is about $78.5 MM, if you factor in that amount for Guthrie and Scott.

You also don't know who will be on the OD 25 man roster. That can change the figures significantly. I think it's safe to estimate 12 MM for Gutherie and Scott combined, given the arbitration numbers reported. My OD roster estimate which doesn't include Vlad, is about $78.5 MM, if you factor in that amount for Guthrie and Scott.

No but I know who is under contract and that is what matters.

No but I know who is under contract and that is what matters.
What are you basing your $$$ estimate on if not a 25 man OD raster guess? There are many more players under contact than 25. e.g. Accardo costs over $1 MM more than Patton and Hariis over $1MM more than Andino. BTW do you know how much Vandenhurk makes? He could be on the OD roster.

What are you basing your $$$ estimate on if not a 25 man OD raster guess? There are many more players under contact than 25. e.g. Accardo costs over $1 MM more than Patton and Hariis over $1MM more than Andino. BTW do you know how much Vandenhurk makes? He could be on the OD roster.

I guess I know the answer to my question about you earlier..this isn't just an act. Its just who you are.

Even if Harris goes to AAA, the Orioles still owe him the 1.75 million.

VDH will probbaly be around that 420K number. This is why I gave a range. The number is likely going to be in the 78 million range more than the 76 million range though.

I am not really sure what your point is either.

I guess I know the answer to my question about you earlier

No reason to be an ass, dude. Been seeing you try to degrade posters for awhile now. Get over yourself and contribute to the conversation about the O's without trying to put down your fellow posters.

I guess I know the answer to my question about you earlier..this isn't just an act. Its just who you are.

Even if Harris goes to AAA, the Orioles still owe him the 1.75 million.

VDH will probbaly be around that 420K number. This is why I gave a range. The number is likely going to be in the 78 million range more than the 76 million range though.

I am not really sure what your point is either.

Then you are basing your estimates on a 40 man roster? You are on record as saying AM is a liar because you think he said $76-79 MM is a significant increase over $73MM. But if you are including things like Harris' salary, regardless of where he ends up, then it seems you are referring to a 40 man roster. I just want to know what you are basing your estimate on. What is this year's current 40 man roster expenditure as compared to last year's?

Then you are basing your estimates on a 40 man roster? You are on record as saying AM is a liar because you think he said $76-79 MM is a significant increase over $73MM. But if you are including things like Harris' salary, regardless of where he ends up, then it seems you are referring to a 40 man roster. I just want to know what you are basing your estimate on. What is this year's current 40 man roster expenditure as compared to last year's?
I AM BASING IT ON WHO IS UNDER CONTRACT. The payroll is based off of those under contract.

If we cut Gonzo next week, his 6 million is still on the payroll.

Do you understand that?

Do you not understand how payroll works? It's not hard to add up the salaries of everyone in the organization...

Do you not understand how payroll works? It's not hard to add up the salaries of everyone in the organization...
if you did that it would come to a lot more than 79 MM. What are you including in everyone in the organization. Managers, coaches, playere on last years 25 man, last years 40 man, what? The figure of $73 MM for last year's payroll is based on what? I estimated an OD 25 man roster based on Cots numbers, at 78.5 MM. Obviously there are more players under contact than 25..

Archived