Rosenthal: Guerrero and Orioles.

paranoidfan

I'm wondering the same thing...We gave Atkins $4.5 Million knowing full well that we might be throwing it away (which we did when we cut him mid-season). What a joke. Typical AM low-balling him because he feels we are the only one in contention.

So we are using one big mistake of a contract as example of how we can make another mistake, makes sense.

Lets outbid ourselves because we are the only one really in on Vlad, makes sense.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does that have to do with Vlad?

Offensive depth.

If Izzy has to play for Roberts and Hardy you lose offensive production, and then the rest of the lineup has to pick that up sans a bat like Vlad.

If we have Vlad, that's one more bat that can make up for that loss.

Because of course you know. :rolleyes:

How well did it work for us with Lugo at 2B last year?

Injuries are a part of the game. To not have depth to try to lessen their impact especially when half of your lineup is injury prone is just not very smart.

I think Frobby mentioned how many games we lost due to injuries last year.

And our depth just isn't there to make up for key players if they were to miss any significant amount of time.

Vlad helps in that regard with the production he can provide.

Offensive depth.

If Izzy has to play for Roberts and Hardy you lose offensive production, and then the rest of the lineup has to pick that up sans a bat like Vlad.

If we have Vlad, that's one more bat that can make up for that loss.

If we lose Roberts or Hardy, we probably don't make it to .500 even with Vlad.

How well did it work for us with Lugo at 2B last year?

Injuries are a part of the game. To not have depth to try to lessen their impact especially when half of your lineup is injury prone is just not very smart.

Vlad helps in that regard with the production he can provide.

Assuming that Vlad isn't injured himself.

Well in that case, $3-$6M more must be significant...they are already exceeding their budget.

I am pretty sure you and Jtrea are brothers. Only you 2 can read something and then make as big a reach as you do...has to be a relation thing.

Just because the Orioles have spent what I feel and have felt is where their payroll should be doesn't mean I think it is a significant increase in payroll..and it doesn't mean that it is a significant increase. It just means they spent what should be expected of them.

I really hope you understand the difference.

I am pretty sure you and Jtrea are brothers. Only you 2 can read something and then make as big a reach as you do...has to be a relation thing.

Just because the Orioles have spent what I feel and have felt is where their payroll should be doesn't mean I think it is a significant increase in payroll..and it doesn't mean that it is a significant increase. It just means they spent what should be expected of them.

I really hope you understand the difference.

What do you think would be a "significant" increase?

What do you think would be a "significant" increase?

10ish million or more.

As I said, if they sign Vlad and add another pitcher(which I don't think they need to do although I would like to sign Duscherer), then that would end up being a significant increase.

But its not now, which is what AM said.

10ish million or more.

As I said, if they sign Vlad and add another pitcher(which I don't think they need to do although I would like to sign Duscherer), then that would end up being a significant increase.

But its not now, which is what AM said.

How do you figure what they've spent so far?

Archived