Rosenthal: Guerrero and Orioles.

paranoidfan

Well we agree, so we really can't bet.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be an O, but where else do you think he can go? The Jays don't make much sense to me, and the Angels would be dumb to offer as much as the O's are offering. Is there another contender, with an Hispanic friendly community, who needs a DH?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Angels need a little goodwill after missing on everyone. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there.

I actually think Andy hopes he turns it down and says "we tried".

For him to say we dont have the xtra money to offer him, Isay total BS. Angelos has been stuffing coin in his pocket for years. Time to loosen the purse strings. What would happen in the event that this team pull some kind of 89 Why Not? Will we cry poor at the trade deadline and say we can afford a half year rental?

I'm kinda waiting for a situation to unfold where someone holds out and does something ludicrous like playing in Japan or sits out and signs in June ala Pedro before signing with the O's.
What's the Hispanic population like in Tokyo? Do numbers put up in Japan count for the HOF?

At first I didnt think there was a chance this would happen...but I feel that if some other team really wanted him, it would have happened by now. I am starting to feel that he may just take this $3-5M contract, although I'm trying to not get my hopes up in case some team (Toronto?) jumps in and gets him...

At first I didnt think there was a chance this would happen...but I feel that if some other team really wanted him, it would have happened by now. I am starting to feel that he may just take this $3-5M contract, although I'm trying to not get my hopes up in case some team (Toronto?) jumps in and gets him...

I never thought Lee would come here, so I am not surprised by anything anymore. That said, I agree with you, not getting my hopes up. I kinda agree with Rosenthal...if we get him, great. If not, oh well, Reimold can take the job from Pie! :D

And Bob will troll me in 3...2...1...

Call me crazy, but...

Didn't the Orioles seem like the most "logical" fit one time before with Vlad? If he signs somewhere else, you'll have a hard time telling me it's about the money with him. Maybe, he just doesn't like Baltimore?

Call me crazy, but...

Didn't the Orioles seem like the most "logical" fit one time before with Vlad? If he signs somewhere else, you'll have a hard time telling me it's about the money with him. Maybe, he just doesn't like Baltimore?

Guerrero made the right call in the past. He got a boatload of cash to play for a contender instead of a perenial cellar dwellar.

He was paid way more than his worth ... and it seems like they are throwing peanuts at Vlad makes no sense to give Lugo the money they gave him last year and Miggy and they are stressing about money this year for Vlad which is a proven player and would make this team have a power house lineup. Why wait to pull the trigger is my question. Just dont want to play the what if game if someone else gets him.
4 years/$36M (2007-10), plus 2011 vesting option

signed by Boston as a free agent 12/06

$1M signing bonus (paid 4/07 - 10/07)

07:$8M, 08:$9M, 09:$9M, 10:$9M, 11:$9M vesting option

option vests with 2,400 PAs 2007-10 & 600 PAs 2010

acquired by St. Louis in trade from Boston 7/22/09 after being DFA 7/17/09 (Cardinals to pay Major League minimums for 2009 (pro-rated) and 2010 with Red Sox paying balance of approximately $13.5M left on contract)

acquired by Baltimore in trade from St. Louis 4/1/10 (Orioles to pay $0.4M of 2010 salary, with Boston responsible for the balance)

source

What would happen in the event that this team pull some kind of 89 Why Not? Will we cry poor at the trade deadline and say we can afford a half year rental?

We'll trade for Keith Moreland.

I'm kinda waiting for a situation to unfold where someone holds out and does something ludicrous like playing in Japan or sits out and signs in June ala Pedro before signing with the O's.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me too much if he just held out until the first contending team has a big injury and needs him. David Ortiz tears a hamstring in late April and Vlad gets 550 PAs in the middle of the Red Sox lineup.

Guest Hayden2004

Enrique_Rojas1 Enrique Rojas/ESPN

by mlbtraderumors

Source: Vladimir Guerrero NOT excited for Orioles offer (about $2M). Rangers return to the race for dominican player.

Archived