Orioles sign Vlad

Peace21

Gotta love this

jeffzrebiecsun Jeff Zrebiec

#Orioles' Roberts on Guerrero addition: "This is probably the most excited I’ve been in nine years."

On paper this team should score some runs. Now we need to just pray they all stay healthy.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's one of those tootsie-pop "the world may never know" moments, but I seriously want to know how these negotiations went down. Why did we offer more money when we were seemingly the only ones bidding?, who was Vlad's biggest advocate (Angelos, Buck, AM, other?)?...I realize it's a long shot of ever really finding out, but I think the results would be very telling in who is really running the O's 2011 offseason clubhouse.

On paper this team should score some runs. Now we need to just pray they all stay healthy.

Well one nice thing about the team is that when someone inevitably does go down, we have legitimate depth to step up.

This team is going to have a huge chip on its shoulder. Lots of guys out to prove they can still play. I love it.

Something about that comment burns me a little, I understand it, but just don't like the "oh boy we are almost like the Yankees now" vibe...

I could understand taking it that way but I see it as our bottom 3 is Jones, Wieters, and Hardy, not Montanez, Bell, Izturis. We actually have a real line up top to bottom.

The fact that our reported offer topped out at 5M and he signed for 8M with a significant amount of "deferred" money smells of one, Peter Angelos. I would not be surprised one bit if he stepped in on this one. This doesn't seem like a MacPhail move.
Whatever it is, trade or PA,incentives or deferred, the other shoe won't drop until Vlad passes his physical.

The fact that our reported offer topped out at 5M and he signed for 8M with a significant amount of "deferred" money smells of one, Peter Angelos. I would not be surprised one bit if he stepped in on this one. This doesn't seem like a MacPhail move.

Peter aint getting any younger. If he wants to sell this club for the highest possible amount in a year or so he needs a winner.

Peter aint getting any younger. If he wants to sell this club for the highest possible amount in a year or so he needs a winner.

Andy's contract expires this year. I think we are making our run now.

I must say, I am very pleased with the whole way the Vlad situation worked out. It is really a much bigger coup than many might think.

Archived