3/2 vs. Phillies: O's - 6 Phillies - 5

Frobby

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pie now under .200.

How bad do you think he can hit and still make the team???

He also hit poorly in DR Winter League against A/AA type talent.

Please tell me you're kidding. He's had, what, six at-bats?

This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.

I think the question is legit. He's not predicting Pie will hit under .200 this spring, he's asking how poorly he could hit and still make the team.

In 2009, Pie hit .237 and made the team. Reimold hit .321 that spring. I think Pie makes the team unless he is beyond horrible.

You may well be right. He's been a starter in the past and I would expect him to be in Norfolk's rotation when all is said and done. If VandenHurk and Hendrickson don't work out, I could see Drese as a long/swing man in the ML pen. But, if Duke's hip flames out and they decide Tillman and Britton aren't ready or able to start the season in Baltimore, I could see someone like Drese sneaking into the rotation.

I think the question is legit. He's not predicting Pie will hit under .200 this spring, he's asking how poorly he could hit and still make the team.

In 2009, Pie hit .237 and made the team. Reimold hit .321 that spring. I think Pie makes the team unless he is beyond horrible.

Thanks Frobby. I'm afraid you are right he will make the team no matter what and it will be a mistake just like in 2009.

I was not implying that his first 11 AB's tell the story. I was asking if he hits poorly < .225 for 25 Spring Games does he still go North???

The only way Pie doesn't go north with the O's is if he's traded. Simple as that.

P.S.- Citing his batting average after 6 AB's is a very poor way to segue into a well-intentioned question. If you didn't meant to imply anything by it, you should never have said it as if it meant anything.

Archived