3/2 vs. Phillies: O's - 6 Phillies - 5

Frobby

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather have Reimold in AAA until an injury occurs. No point in starving them of at-bats just for the sake of having them in Baltimore.

Reimold should be able to play 3 - 4 times a week plus some pinch hitting opportunities;

1. Sit Vlad, move Scott to DH, Reimold in LF

2. Sit Scott, Reimold in LF

3. Sit Lee, Scott to 1b, Reimold in LF

4. Sit Markakis, Reimold in RF (probably every other week)

Given Lee, Scott & Vlad's age, I think a day off once a week will do all of them good.

Reimold doesn't have anything to prove at AAA in my opinion and his bat would help the O's win games if he's returned to 2009 form.

Nolan does not need anymore time in Triple A. The guy needs to be in Baltimore now. Nolan would have been on the big league team all last year if it was not for his injury and personal issues he was dealing with.

The Orioles should play Nolan in LF, DH and First Base IMO. There is enough at bats for him if you do it right.

Felix Pie just makes too many bone head plays to be counted on by the Orioles. His hitting skills are also not as good as Nolan's hitting skills. Just get rid of Pie and be done with all this drama. We should trade Pie to the Royals. I am sure they would love to have him.

There is no competition between Pie and Remiold. Pie can play center, Reimold can't. Pie is out of options, Reimold isn't. Reimold's only shot to make the team is if they carry Fox as the backup catcher.

Or if Pie is traded. Then we could see both Reimold and Winn make the team.

Archived