3/2 vs. Phillies: O's - 6 Phillies - 5

Frobby

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pie now under .200.

How bad do you think he can hit and still make the team???

He also hit poorly in DR Winter League against A/AA type talent.

Still way too early to judge anything yet. I think the O's wanted him to learn to work the counts. He has not shown it yet. As one scout said about Pie: "He is a five tool player who does none of the tools at a major league level".

Pie now under .200.

How bad do you think he can hit and still make the team???

He also hit poorly in DR Winter League against A/AA type talent.

Please tell me you're kidding. He's had, what, six at-bats?

This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.

With a grand total of two innings each for Bergesen, Drese, Guthrie, Tillman, and Britton, the starting pitching candidates have looked pretty decent. No shame in Tillman giving up a single to Ibanez and double to Howard - they're two good ML hitters. The others have been spotless. Matusz, Arrieta and Duke yet to pitch.

As many have said, this team will go as far as the starting pitching carries it.

With a grand total of two innings each for Bergesen, Drese, Guthrie, Tillman, and Britton, the starting pitching candidates have looked pretty decent. No shame in Tillman giving up a single to Ibanez and double to Howard - they're two good ML hitters. The others have been spotless. Matusz, Arrieta and Duke yet to pitch.

Drese, a rotation candidate? I haven't heard that anywhere. At best he's fighting for a bullpen job, IMO.

Please tell me you're kidding. He's had, what, six at-bats?

This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a while.

I was not implying that his first 11 AB's tell the story. I was asking if he hits poorly < .225 for 25 Spring Games does he still go North???

Okay, MLB Gameday just told me Mark Worrell replaced Britton. Huh?

The Orioles have signed 27-year old righty reliever Mark Worrell to a minor league deal. Worrell pitched in 29 games (0 starts) in AAA-ball last season and he was 2-4 with a 5.84 ERA and a 1.49 WHIP. His only major league experience came back in 2008 with the Cardinals. He pitched in 4 games (0 starts) in 2008 and he was 0-1 with a 7.94 ERA and a 2.12 WHIP. Worrell is probably a good guy to take a flier on because he pitched well in the minors prior to his injury in 2009. This was a nice low risk signing for the O’s.

Archived