• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing Britton shows us is that we need to be teaching the sinker in the minor leagues.

It's not that easy, grips and feel for pitches are you either have it or you don't. Wouldn't hurt to make it a skills exam and check every pitcher in the org. to see if they can throw it though :)

It's not that easy, grips and feel for pitches are you either have it or you don't. Wouldn't hurt to make it a skills exam and check every pitcher in the org. to see if they can throw it though :)

Yea I know..some pitchers just have a natural sink do to arm angles, delivery, etc...but still, I would teaching it and see if it sticks.

They are teaching it. Not only that, I think the O's look for pitchers who already show the potential with that pitch. As allstar said, it's one thing to throw it and it's another thing to have one like Britton's. Look for pitchers' with groundball tendencies in this year's draft.

How do you know that?

Gotta get his starts on MASN and not MASN2 ! Angryface.

If he turns out to be as good as he appears to be, he'll be getting some starts on ESPN, the MLB NETWORK, and FOX. Don't worry, at that point, MASN will get the message. ;)

They are teaching it. Not only that, I think the O's look for pitchers who already show the potential with that pitch. As allstar said, it's one thing to throw it and it's another thing to have one like Britton's. Look for pitchers' with groundball tendencies in this year's draft.

This is absolutely Jordan's MO. I always have liked to give him benefit of the doubt, even when I disagree because he does realize you have to keep the ball on the ground to win in OPACY. Big driving factor with Hobgood too, he's got good groundball rates. If Webb didn't get hurt I bet they would have ponied up for him in FA (if needed).

Buster also just tweeted that Zach will be calling in to the 12:30pm BBTN.

http://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN/status/57099503349673984

LOL, once again ESPN has the wrong matchup on as they are taking about - surprise - Yankees-Red Sox. The Orioles-Rangers should be the matchup they should be covering right now...

You have a last place team vs. a 2nd place team vs. the two division leaders matching up. I know what game I'd rather see...

This is absolutely Jordan's MO. I always have liked to give him benefit of the doubt, even when I disagree because he does realize you have to keep the ball on the ground to win in OPACY. Big driving factor with Hobgood too, he's got good groundball rates. If Webb didn't get hurt I bet they would have ponied up for him in FA (if needed).

Going after groundball pitchers in the draft, now where have I heard that before? ;)

The team needs to find players that fit the ballpark, and they've done a good job with Britton, but they've got to keep trying to find that talent as well as trading talent that can't keep the ball in the park or on the ground.

Archived