If the question of Britton to AAA/ML were posed to the 30 GMs across baseball, how many of them do you think would start him on the opening day roster in Baltimore, as opposed to AAA?

Well the answer is at least one.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
The walks concern me. :(

When you keep the ball on the ground and can erase them with the DP they are less of an issue.

If you saw how Britton pitched today and how much movement he has, especially with that sinker and slider, you wouldn't worry too much about the walks.

The walks concern me. :(

not me, he was ahead in each at bat, he nibbled, maybe rightfully, the Rangers hitters are impressive. Connor will correct this, but missing 3-2 a tad outside is not that bad. Especially for a sinker baller.

I think Britton just became one of my favorite players. Not just for his performance today, but for his answer to the question of "when did you realize that everyone was on their feet."

(paraphrased answer: I knew the whole time, but my job is to get outs, and coming out of the game having allowed guys to get on base...I wasn't too happy about that)

So are we starting Zach in the first round of the Divisional Series? Or Guthrie?

No. There's a new rule that states if you take a rookie off of the post-season roster, you get an extra year of control regarding his free agency. We're not going to use Zach in the post-season so we can be sure to have him for 2016. :laughlol:

Great Game!!! There's no questions this guys the real deal. WoW!

He seems like he isn't taking ANYTHING for granted, either. Mr. Orange pointed out that when he walked off the field to the standing ovation, Zach said that he wasn't concerned about that, he was more concerned with the runners that he left on base, and was hoping that Berken would bail him out.

Archived