LOL, once again ESPN has the wrong matchup on as they are taking about - surprise - Yankees-Red Sox. The Orioles-Rangers should be the matchup they should be covering right now...

You have a last place team vs. a 2nd place team vs. the two division leaders matching up. I know what game I'd rather see...

Me too. You should seriously look into MLB.tv. You can do it monthly and it's $20 a month. No, I don't work for mlb.com:D

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britton was interviewed just now on BBTN and boy did I like the way he sounded.

Some would say it's cocky, but we need more of that on this club.

He's very sure of himself and his ability.

Credited Matt Wieters with helping him behind the plate.

Mentioned that guys have just been beating his sinker into the ground and haven't been able to get the barrel of the bat on it since he's started throwing it.

Timmy K said that Flanny called it the best he'd ever seen.

Britton also mentioned he was excited to play the teams in contention now to get confidence instead of the teams not in contention so hopefully when they were in a pennant race later in the season when games mattered vs. those teams, he'd have that confidence that he could "hang with them."

Man I love hearing guys talk about "pennant race." :thumbsup1:

It's entirely too early to talk about ROY chances but if Britton keeps this up he's definitely in the running.

What other rookies are out there that are expected to compete for the award?

There could obviously be players called up soon that could become candidates.

But right now, there are Brent Morel, Mark Trumbo, Kyle Drabek, Michael Pineda and Jordan Walden.

It's entirely too early to talk about ROY chances but if Britton keeps this up he's definitely in the running.

What other rookies are out there that are expected to compete for the award?

If he keeps this up, he'll win the ROY and the Cy Young.

I made three predictions on the Bob Haynie show before the season started. Two of them involved Zach Britton. I predicted Britton would win rookie of the year and he would also lead the team in wins. That's how good I think Zach Britton is already.

I made three predictions on the Bob Haynie show before the season started. Two of them involved Zach Britton. I predicted Britton would win rookie of the year and he would also lead the team in wins. That's how good I think Zach Britton is already.

Zowie! I can see ROY. Leading in wins seems a stretch. But then.... we're all so jaded with the last umpteen years. I've seen 4 of Britton's starts now, 2 ST and the 2 this season. I keep expecting him to come back to Earth. But he hasn't... We have had some pitchers come up, and become good starters. But no one (since Mussina?) come up and just dominate. I hope you're right Tony!

Those odds improved significantly when he ended up starting the 3rd game of the season instead of waiting until at least April 21. Still, like any young pitcher, I expect Britton will have some bumps in the road.

Those odds improved significantly when he ended up starting the 3rd game of the season instead of waiting until at least April 21.

Still, like any young pitcher, I expect Britton will have some bumps in the road.

NO !!! Zach is going to go 32-0. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ZACH TONIGHT

IP: 6

H: 5

R: 3

BB: 3

SO: 3

SIDE NOTE: Zach was squeezed BADLY on that second walk of the sixth inning. On a 1-1 count with a runner on first and one out, he threw it right down the middle, waist high, and the ump called it a ball. Instead of a 1-2 count, it was 2-1, and Zach proceeded to walk him. That may have cost him 2 runs

Archived