If you were the GM, would you put Britton on the OD roster, or wait?

Frobby

If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster

• Yes - give the team the best chance to win now
    • No - get the extra year of control by waiting until April 21 or later

This poll is closed to new votes

Give me a break with your condescending horse ****. I know how to write. This is a message board. Im authoring my own book. You're arrogant online, yet petty. You know what that means, right?

Man, talk about ironic, huh?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Setting aside all the childish bickering, it seems fairly obvious that the reasons to send him down greatly outweigh the reasons to put him on the OD roster. It's no fluke that every well run organization does the same 99% of the time.

Setting aside all the childish bickering, it seems fairly obvious that the reasons to send him down greatly outweigh the reasons to put him on the OD roster. It's no fluke that every well run organization does the same 99% of the time.

What do you think about Atlanta's decision to start Heyward Opening Day in 2010?

Guess they aren't a well-run organization...

What do you think about Atlanta's decision to start Heyward Opening Day in 2010?

What do you think about qualification like "99%"? Clearly you find them ignorable if they get in the way of your point...

And it WAS a terrible choice. It's going to cost them a lot of money, and possibly a year of his probably amazing career. What did they gain? Not much.

I could just as easily cite their decision to send Tommy Hanson to the minors for two months in 2009.

Honestly, this isn't as simple as a team always has to do it one way or the other. You look at the circumstances of your team at the time.

What do you think about qualification like "99%"? Clearly you find them ignorable if they get in the way of your point...

And it WAS a terrible choice. It's going to cost them a lot of money, and possibly a year of his probably amazing career. What did they gain? Not much.

Dude -- the Braves made the playoffs by a margin of one game. You easily could argue that Heyward's early arrival may have been the margin between making the playoffs and not.

If I thought the O's were in the Braves' position, I'd be arguing to have Britton in the rotation immediately. But that's not a realistic assessment of our likely position.

They're a well run organization, but it was a stupid decision. Heyward, IMO, is going to be a Hall of Fame caliber player and they just lost a season from him b/c they couldn't hold off for two weeks.

I could just as easily cite their decision to send Tommy Hanson to the minors for two months in 2009.

Honestly, this isn't as simple as a team always has to do it one way or the other. You look at the circumstances of your team at the time.

True. I think it's easier to have a hitter start OD in the bigs since they play every day. Good pitching is harder to come by and they don't play every day so it's easier to wait 3-4 weeks to bring them up.

Dude -- the Braves made the playoffs by a margin of one game. You easily could argue that Heyward's early arrival may have been the margin between making the playoffs and not.

If I thought the O's were in the Braves' position, I'd be arguing to have Britton in the rotation immediately. But that's not a realistic assessment of our likely position.

You also have the benefit of looking at the result. IMO, it's never a good idea to lose an extra year of control for 2 weeks unless you're the MFY and money just doesn't matter.

You just have to love how Trea quotes things like this when it's convenient to him.

He's all for these studies when he's railing against AM and the O's for delaying Britton's arrival to add the extra year before FA.

He completely ignores these studies when he's railing against AM and the O's for "putting too much emphasis on pitching" and not enough on hitting.

The only way you can't see that this guy has an agenda is if your eyes are closed.

The O's have a chance at making the playoffs. Do you disagree?

Not one that is worth measuring in reality.

Having some kind of scenario where everything has to go right for us and everything has to go wrong with the best teams in baseball isn't a realistic scenario.

Not one that is worth measuring in reality.

Having some kind of scenario where everything has to go right for us and everything has to go wrong with the best teams in baseball isn't a realistic scenario.

Cool, I'll add you to my list of people to shake my butt at in October ;)

MF Yankees is right. This is how they treated their pitcher who had just won 19 games for two consecutive years. They tore up Akex Rodriguez' contract of $25 Million per year to give him an extension at $ 33 Million per year because he said that he was "underappreciated", but they busted Chien-Ming Wang's chops over $600,000. Wang wanted $4.6 Million, the Yankees offered him $ 4 Million, and the Yankees won.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/item_mi3g4HtZRd7sHj3DzHUIKL

A-Rod opted out.

Archived