Do you agree with the O's decision to recall Britton from Norfolk?

ChaosLex

Do you agree with the O's decision to recall Britton from Norfolk?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the O's decision to recall Britton from Norfolk?

He will likely be sent back when Matusz returns. If he pitches well and others struggle the it could make it hard.

The O's are not going to pitch Britton more then 183 innings this year. He pitched 153 inning last year and there is a rule that says you hurt the development of the pitcher if he pitches more the 30 additional innings. The O's have used that rule with all there young pitchers.

So Britton is not going to pitch a full year in the the majors this year anyway. It's just a matter on managing when they send him down.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's are not going to pitch Britton more then 183 innings this year. He pitched 153 inning last year and there is a rule that says you hurt the development of the pitcher if he pitches more the 30 additional innings. The O's have used that rule with all there young pitchers.

So Britton is not going to pitch a full year in the the majors this year anyway. It's just a matter on managing when they send him down.

Why couldn't he be up here for the entire season and throw 170 innings?

Why couldn't he be up here for the entire season and throw 170 innings?

Well, he could if he pitches poorly. We hope he doesn't do that. 170 innings over 33 starts in 5.15 inning per start. At least 6 innings a start is what we should hope for. That is 198 innings.

Well, he could if he pitches poorly. We hope he doesn't do that. 170 innings over 33 starts in 5.15 inning per start. At least 6 innings a start is what we should hope for. That is 198 innings.

He didn't even average 6 Ip per start in AAA and you are expecting that in the majors?

He pitched 153 innings last year.

As a young pitcher who is likely to struggle to go deep into games, he might not hit 180 between the minors and majors either way. So I doubt he gets shut down, at least late enough to have an effect on the service time.

If he is struggling to get innings why would it be that big of a deal to send him down?

How many pitchers with less than a half year at AAA have come up as a rookie and taken the ball every 5 days for an entire year in this division?

I just don't think it will be that difficult to find the time to send him down at some point.

They could just skip a few of his starts.

If he is struggling to get innings why would it be that big of a deal to send him down?

How many pitchers with less than a half year at AAA have come up as a rookie and taken the ball every 5 days for an entire year in this division?

I just don't think it will be that difficult to find the time to send him down at some point.

BMat threw 175.2 IP last year, over the course of 32 starts..That is about 5.5 IP per start.

Should BMat have been sent down?

BTW, if Britton is pitching well and has a chance at ROY and the Orioles demote him in September, many of you will be in some kind of an uproar.

End of the day, the only way the Orioles gain this year back, in all likelihood, is if Britton struggles and needs to be sent down.

If that doesn't happen, its highly unlikely they demote him at the end of the year.

If that's the case, why didn't they do that with Arrieta last year?

When has this ever happened to any player on any team?

If that doesn't happen, its highly unlikely they demote him at the end of the year.

If that's the case, why didn't they do that with Arrieta last year?

When has this ever happened to any player on any team?

So we get to enjoy a good year from a rookie starter and get to enjoy that for the next 5 more years. Where's the downside?

Archived