vs. CARDINALS 6/29

Aglets

Looks like OFFNY had a bit of trouble figuring out how to start a new game thread today.

Moved to a new thread here:

CARDINALS

Chris Carpenter - P (2-7, 4.26 ERA)

ORIOLES

Chris Jakubauskas - P (2-0, 5.18 ERA)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like OFFNY had a bit of trouble figuring out how to start a new game thread today.

Moved to a new thread here:

CARDINALS

ORIOLES

stlcardinalsSt. Louis Cardinals

by dailylineups

6/29 lineup vs. O's: Schumaker 2B, Jay RF, Holliday LF, Berkman 1B, Freese 3B, Rasmus CF, Molina C, Hamilton DH, Punto SS, Carpenter P

12 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

OriolesBaltimore Orioles

6/29 lineup vs. Cards: Hardy SS, Markakis RF, Jones CF, Guerrero DH, Lee 1B, Wieters C, Reynolds 3B, Pie LF, Davis 2B, Jakubauskas P

11 minutes ago

Cleaned up a little bit. Go O's!

CARDINALS

Schumaker 2B

Jay RF

Holliday LF

Berkman 1B

Freese 3B

Rasmus CF

Molina C

Hamilton DH

Punto SS

ORIOLES

Hardy SS

Markakis RF

Jones CF

Guerrero DH

Lee 1B

Wieters C

Reynolds 3B

Pie LF

Davis 2B

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Listening to your comments I made a few changes.   Now calling the list Core/Keepers. Added Mullins and Tyler Wells to the list. I hear the comments on Mountcastle but this at his age (25) with  his development defensively.  At this point he just had a bad offensive year and is likely to improve.
    • I swear it looked like he just grooved it for him.
    • Makes it look easy. Easy power... we'll take it!
    • Yeah, that's it.  Not sure Gray Rod is even part of the core yet because he hasn't even pitched in the majors.  I'm not suggesting that Elias is looking to trade him unless he is part of a trade for another core player. What was the core for the 2012-2016 Orioles.  I'm going to say it was Wieters and Jones.  I guess you could add Markakis.  The rest of the players came and went or just had a great season or 2 (Davis).  I think that was part of the problem with the 2012-2016 O's, was the core wasn't big enough and there wasn't any elite players in the core.  Did anyone regularly include Wieters, Jones and Markakis in the best players in baseball conversation. 
    • I can't consider a player at a prime offensive position putting up a .724 OPS a core player.  I would be surprised if Elias doesn't have several players in the minors who he considers possible replacements for Mountcastle. 
    • But, will his replacement be as much fun mic'd up? "Mac Ohtani" is my favorite part!
    • I'll just leave you with this: Roberts 43 passed balls in 1558.1 inning caught (1 every 36 innings) vs Handley 14 PB in 1247 innings caught (1 every 89 innings). Roberts is a good depth guy similar to Austin Wynns who could back up for a bit, but Handley is the superior defensive catcher. Offensively, Handley, strikeout less, walks more, has more power and overall is two years younger. They are not the same. Handley to me is a legitimate backup catcher at the major league level for a long time while Roberts could be more of a breakglass in case of emergency AAA depth piece that could fill in for a bit without killing a team but does nothing good enough to stick long term.
  • Popular Contributors