"Fans" really irk me sometimes.

Snutchy

Ok, I know that Gregg stunk tonight. I know they finally snapped a long losing streak and we're all tired of them losing. But do you really have to boo him off the field? Where is the respect? Come on people, this is the same guy who stood up to David Ortiz. This is the same guy who trashed Boston all over MASN and ESPN.

I bet the same people who booed him tonight were the same people who booed Cal Ripken.

Don't give me crap about being tired of 13 losing seasons. We're all tired of it. But you don't disrespect your team. Wild Bill is rolling over in his grave right now. If you feel the need to boo, find another team to root for, just don't muddle the noise up at my yard.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I know that Gregg stunk tonight. I know they finally snapped a long losing streak and we're all tired of them losing. But do you really have to boo him off the field? Where is the respect? Come on people, this is the same guy who stood up to David Ortiz. This is the same guy who trashed Boston all over MASN and ESPN.

I bet the same people who booed him tonight were the same people who booed Cal Ripken.

Don't give me crap about being tired of 13 losing seasons. We're all tired of it. But you don't disrespect your team. Wild Bill is rolling over in his grave right now. If you feel the need to boo, find another team to root for, just don't muddle the noise up at my yard.

It's irk.

I get what you're saying, but it's really tough to blame people for booing a guy for walking 3 guys in a row with a 4-run lead. That is off-the-charts bad baseball.

And the 13 losing seasons can't just be dismissed. The fans are ticked off, and they can't really direct any of that at the ownership, so they have to direct it somewhere. If we had a history of winning recently Gregg would not have been booed.

I get what you're saying, but it's really tough to blame people for booing a guy for walking 3 guys in a row with a 4-run lead. That is off-the-charts bad baseball.

And the 13 losing seasons can't just be dismissed. The fans are ticked off, and they can't really direct any of that at the ownership, so they have to direct it somewhere. If we had a history of winning recently Gregg would not have been booed.

Yes, it's bad baseball. But do you think that booing him while he is on the mound is going to help him? I don't. He has better nerves than me.

I don't recall you making this thread the numerous times Gonzalez has been booed off the field. If you perform the way Gregg did tonight you should expect to hear some boos.

I apologize for not making a thread everytime a player gets booed. I will try harder next time. It was just really bad tonight. Like I said, I know he stunk tonight. But this is also the same guy who tried to hit Papi with a haymaker and trashed the enemy in the media.

I apologize for not making a thread everytime a player gets booed. I will try harder next time. It was just really bad tonight. Like I said, I know he stunk tonight. But this is also the same guy who tried to hit Papi with a haymaker and trashed the enemy in the media.

I'd rather he just do his job than start a fight. The guy has been living on the edge all season, and it's very frustrating to watch. I don't have a problem with anyone booing that craptastic performance. We had lost 9 in a row and 13 of 14, we finally get a comfortable lead and this guy decides not to throw a flipping strike. He should have been booed.

No matter how bad a guy pitches, the fans shouldn't "boo" him?

So what he stood up to the Red Sox.. Did the Orioles win? No..

The Red Sox still have are in First Place.

What Irks me is fans who try to make rivalries.. It's really becoming annoying..At least be competitive first.

It's like a bug trying to make a rivalry with a human. The bug is going to bite and sting but it will die at the end.

So what a Oriole "stood up" to a Red Sox player.

Is that going to make any Free Agents want to come here?

I'm not talking about 35+ year old washed up free agents who are just hanging on, or career minor leaguers, or prospects that some like to "hype up".

I talking about Prime Free Agents.

No they are not going to come because Kevin Gregg threw at Ortiz then missed a punch.

If Gregg Pitches like crap the fans should treat him like crap and that should go for any player anywhere.

Speaking of fans, there were a ton of Cleveland fans at the game tonight.

Yes there were. It was annoying. The guy behind us yelled "WAHOO!" thirty times in a row every time the Indians did something worth wahooing.

As for the booing? I admit it. I booed. You pitch like that -- back-to-back-to-BACK walks with a 4-run lead? You're darn right I'm going to boo. It's pathetic. Just throw the ball over the middle of the plate and let them swing. Was that him "not giving in"? I'm a season ticket holder. I pay for the right to react how I please, as long as it's not obscene. It comes with the territory if you're a fan. I'm tired of watching this crap night in, night out. I appreciate that Gregg isn't afraid of Ortiz and stuck up for his team, but in this game, it's what have you done for me lately? Not much. And honestly, Gonzo is lucky that ball was hit right at Lee. Sizemore smoked it. I thought the game was tied when the ball left his bat.

We were on a 9 game losing streak and had lost 14 of 15.

We had a 4 run lead heading into the ninth and it sure appeared we were about to finally win a game.

O's fans were very desperate for a win.

Gregg, our "closer," comes in and walks the freaking bases loaded then gives up a 3 run double.

The booing is justified. Personally, I just sat in front of the TV in complete disbelief, but to each his own.

He is a major league pitcher making millions of dollars. So what if he gets booed?

Archived