Reynolds 2nd deck

Moose Milligan

Besides the cut down on the errors are you saying that he's got more range or something now at 3rd base?

In addition to almost eliminating the errors, he's made a bunch of exceptional plays that would (likely) not have been considered errors had he not made them.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was never worried about Reynolds coming around. I just hope he can keep it up, so we can trade our 27 year old power bat for a couple young guys, who may or may not ever develop into what we already have in him. Trading Reynolds and Jones this offseason, could really set us up for a run in 2017 and beyond. Hopefully Wieters can be dealt in the next few years also.:rolleyes:

I remember Hudler's. Maybe I am mistaken, but while it was also into the LF Club section - I thought Hudler's was in the 270's, closer to the foul poll.

Most of the big shots at OPACY have been mentioned in this thread. Strawberry had a blast as well. Obviously it was BP / Homerun Derby, but I still think Juan Gone's shot into the 3rd deck in LF was wildly impressive. If Griffey's shot has a plaque on the Warehouse, Juan's shot should have a mark where it landed up there.

I was thinking Straw's was THE longest. Dead center.

In addition to almost eliminating the errors, he's made a bunch of exceptional plays that would (likely) not have been considered errors had he not made them.

His real issue hasn't been the highlight plays. He makes them. His issue has been charging balls and then throwing to first. You could have put a highlight reel of exceptional plays during his horrible error stretch, its the more routine plays, where he needs to think that he has struggled on. I see no evidence that he has improved dramatically, other than his errors have gone down and he's now playing a position where he doesn't have to really throw, or charge many balls.

I wouldn't doubt that the HR derby balls used in the All Star games are much higher COR and/or compression. Heck, someone on here posted that the games balls of today tested out w/a higher COR than a few years ago.

Guys who play slowpitch softball know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm surprised, given his photographic memory, that Palmer didn't remember Rex Hudler being the only one to hit the club level previously in a game. Maybe he wasn't working that day. :D

I'm surprised, given his photographic memory, that Palmer didn't remember Rex Hudler being the only one to hit the club level previously in a game. Maybe he wasn't working that day. :D

He did remember Lieberthal's off Sidney Ponson. Before Reynolds crossed home plate. :P

Archived