Do you think Peter Angelos Owes the Fans Answers?

Greg Pappas

I think that's a terrible example. The Rays have a bad ballpark that's apparently very hard to get to and they're a franchise with no real history outside of the last five years.

I have to think the difference between the O's losing 90 or 100 games every year, and the O's winning 90 or 100 games every year is at least (2M fans X $50) or $100M. Of course that's not all profit, much of it would go back into the organization. But the long-term value of the team would skyrocket.

I don't completely disagree with you...but for all we know, Peter has looked at the divison and decided he can't spend with the Yanks/Sox, and the Tampa model may have produced more wins, but not much in the way of revenue so why spend more on player recruitment and development? I really don't think he has any long term strategy...just piece togther a team each year, and keep spending at a reasonable level.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't completely disagree with you...but for all we know, Peter has looked at the divison and decided he can't spend with the Yanks/Sox, and the Tampa model may have produced more wins, but not much in the way of revenue so why spend more on player recruitment and development? I really don't think he has any long term strategy...just piece togther a team each year, and keep spending at a reasonable level.

I think that's the Orioles under Angelos in a nutshell: No long term plan. At all.

It's all "see what you can do to win this/next year without breaking the bank and doing anything risky."

Archived