O's, Duquette close to deal

mrr185

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right. He constantly bashed AM after the transition and was called out on it and rightfully so. I absolutely believe he had a legit source and wasn't faking that unlike others at the time. The problem was his source was still pretty unreliable. FOr me I'm so glad Tony did away with all that nonsense. Nothing personal against the guys dishing the dirt but it was way too much.
Actually, that isn't even true.

BB said a lot of stuff that came true..No one has 100% sources because of how things change.

BB would PM some of us and tell us things that were never said on the board that ended up happening.

If true, this would indicate that he is using up-to-date statistical analysis.

Even if he isn't, his track record of drafting/signing/trading for good players more than makes up for that. Even if can't use the newest statistical measurements, but you "just know" talent, that's good enough. If Albert Puljos couldn't explain how he is such a good hiitter, would you doubt his ability to hit?

I like this move. With the perception that came with 14 straight losing seasons and meddling owner, I figured that the job would seem less ideal for most people. DD sounds like he is eager for the the opportunity and might actually bring back some respectability to the team.

I like this move. With the perception that came with 14 straight losing seasons and meddling owner, I figured that the job would seem less ideal for most people. DD sounds like he is eager for the the opportunity and might actually bring back some respectability to the team.
Well yea..he hasn't had an oppurtunity in almost a decade.

LOL....bigbird was a poster on OH long before Jim (not Dan) Duquette joined the Orioles. He was posting here before I even joined the site. He clearly had a connection to Duquette, but he wasn't him.
Actually, that isn't even true.

BB said a lot of stuff that came true..No one has 100% sources because of how things change.

BB would PM some of us and tell us things that were never said on the board that ended up happening.

None of the beat writers are 100% either. BB brought more to the board than insider rumors, and he is missed by me. Enough said.

DD is looking for the opportunity to show that he still has it, but if it doesn't work out, it can be the same as it could have been said for anybody else that came in. If he does well, it is something impressive, maybe even remarkable. If he fails, people can just say that it's the Orioles and it would have been very difficult to turn the team around.

Archived