Go WVU!!

cindyluvsbrady

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Cindy! I am going to be nervous all week long.

The worst part is I am in a wedding on Sat. and I had to give away my tickets. Regardless if WVU plays to there ability sPitt doesn't have much of a chance. 52-14 WVU

Yeah we really shouldn't have a problem with Pitt, WVU is 28 point favorites. I just can't help but feel a little nervous though.

How do you make it to the National Championship game without beating anyone? An out of conference schedule including Marshall, Western Michigan, Maryland, and Miss St is a joke. A conference who's 2 best teams are South Fl (no football program a decade ago) and UConn (relatively new to D-1) is a joke. How they are 29th in SOS is beyond me. This is just another example of why the BCS is a joke.

I'm not saying WVU isn't good. But, they certainly don't have any awe-inspiring wins. They certainly haven't played any teams I would consider tough. I'd say any 1-loss SEC, PAC10, Big 12 team has a more impressive resume.

How do you make it to the National Championship game without beating anyone? An out of conference schedule including Marshall, Western Michigan, Maryland, and Miss St is a joke. A conference who's 2 best teams are South Fl (no football program a decade ago) and UConn (relatively new to D-1) is a joke. How they are 29th in SOS is beyond me. This is just another example of why the BCS is a joke.

I'm not saying WVU isn't good. But, they certainly don't have any awe-inspiring wins. They certainly haven't played any teams I would consider tough. I'd say any 1-loss SEC, PAC10, Big 12 team has a more impressive resume.

There are no one loss teams in the Pac-10 or SEC. If there were, their resume might be considered better than WVU's but there aren't so it's a moot point. In the Big 12 there are two one loss teams... If Missouri wins, they are in and they will be ranked ahead of WVU. If they don't beat Oklahoma it would be Kansas as the lone one loss team in the Big 12. I'd love to see you attempt to make the case for how their resume is more impressive than WVUs.

There are no one loss teams in the Pac-10 or SEC. If there were, their resume might be considered better than WVU's but there aren't so it's a moot point. In the Big 12 there are two one loss teams... If Missouri wins, they are in and they will be ranked ahead of WVU. If they don't beat Oklahoma it would be Kansas as the lone one loss team in the Big 12. I'd love to see you attempt to make the case for how their resume is more impressive than WVUs.

I meant 2-loss teams.

LSU has 2 OT losses to SEC teams. They have wins over Florida, South Carolina, Auburn. I consider all of those teams better than anyone in the Big East. And, despite playing a real in-conference schedule, they played a legit football team in their out of conference schedule...with a win over VT. If they beat Tenn, I definitely think they are more deserving than WVU.

I think that LSU and the Big 12 champ are more deserving. WVU can't help that their conference stinks. But, to play in a poor conference and schedule nothing but sub-mediocre teams in the games you can control isn't a recipe for a National Champ. But, when you stick with the BCS this is what you get.

I meant 2-loss teams.

LSU has 2 OT losses to SEC teams. They have wins over Florida, South Carolina, Auburn. I consider all of those teams better than anyone in the Big East. And, despite playing a real in-conference schedule, they played a legit football team in their out of conference schedule...with a win over VT. If they beat Tenn, I definitely think they are more deserving than WVU.

I think that LSU and the Big 12 champ are more deserving. WVU can't help that their conference stinks. But, to play in a poor conference and schedule nothing but sub-mediocre teams in the games you can control isn't a recipe for a National Champ. But, when you stick with the BCS this is what you get.

The huge flaw in your thinking is to assume that the Big East conference stinks. It doesn't. From your previous post I think you are falling into the trap of underestimating the quality of emerging programs because they don't have the tradition or history. I don't understand the logic that a program being as new as USFs is somehow diminishes the quality of their team. What does one have to do with the other? People have been underestimating the Big East ever since the realignment. It isn't as good as the SEC or Pac-10 this year but it is a conference that is in the middle of the pack (3rd or 4th best depending on the system used to rank conferences). If WVU wins the Backyard Brawl they will have earned their spot in the BCS title game. The same goes for OSU (a team from the weakest conference this season) if they slip get help from Oklahoma.

The huge flaw in your thinking is to assume that the Big East conference stinks. It doesn't. From your previous post I think you are falling into the trap of underestimating the quality of emerging programs because they don't have the tradition or history. I don't understand the logic that a program being as new as USFs is somehow diminishes the quality of their team. What does one have to do with the other? People have been underestimating the Big East ever since the realignment. It isn't as good as the SEC or Pac-10 this year but it is a conference that is in the middle of the pack (3rd or 4th best depending on the system used to rank conferences). If WVU wins the Backyard Brawl they will have earned their spot in the BCS title game. The same goes for OSU (a team from the weakest conference this season) if they slip get help from Oklahoma.

Louisville is down this year. I'm not impressed by UConn or USF. UConn played an even worse schedule than WVU. South Florida did have a nice win over Auburn. Cinci had no big wins. Rutgers played no tough out of conference games. The only mediocre one they played, beat them. The entire conference had a collective 1 win over a ranked out of conference opponent, and that's because none of them play anyone. If you want respect in college football, you get it by playing tough out of conference opponents. The Big East doesn't do that. If they are a good conference, they really should show someone.

They certainly haven't played any teams I would consider tough.

Well I guess it's good that the computers take more in to consideration than just opinion. I mean I really appreciate an argument that says a team can't be good because they didn't have a football program a decade ago or because they only became D 1-A a few years ago.

I'd say any 1-loss SEC, PAC10, Big 12 team has a more impressive resume.

Other than Kansas, who if we're talking bad schedules then look no further, I think you're going to have a hard time finding one.

I'll never get the whole position that because your program doesn't have a tradition of winning national championships, that you don't deserve to play for one. I hopes it not just me, but I get tired of seeing Ohio St, Miami, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Florida, LSU, etc playing for the championship every year.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read ahead and see that Geschinger basically posted the same thing as me.

I'll never get the whole position that because your program doesn't have a tradition of winning national championships, that you don't deserve to play for one. I hopes it not just me, but I get tired of seeing Ohio St, Miami, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Florida, LSU, etc playing for the championship every year.

I just don't like it when teams who play nobody tough out of conference make the Nat'l Championship game. Unfortunately, that's what the BCS is creating. I must have missed the part where I advocated putting high-profile teams directly into the championship game. I'd like to see a playoff system, and I'd certainly have WVU in there. But I just don't they have proven to be one of the top 2 teams IMO.

Archived