It finally happened...

Birds of B'more

But are the big money donors willing to come up with $10 million (the remainder of Edsall's contract) just to cover for Kevin Anderson's gaffe? And as I asked before' date=' [b']how do they know he won't just screw up again with the next hire?[/b] I think maybe they ought to try to come up with a little bit more money for a new AD as well.

True. KA would probably hire Mike Locksley. He's available now and has UMd ties.

Locksley is actually a good illustration of why it might be a good idea to let Rangoon go now. New Mexico couldn't afford to buy him out, but he went 2-28 in a little over 2 years (1-11 in his first year with 8 double-digit losses) and attendance plummeted to under 20k from over 30k in 2008.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True. KA would probably hire Mike Locksley. He's available now and has UMd ties.

Locksley is actually a good illustration of why it might be a good idea to let Rangoon go now. New Mexico couldn't afford to buy him out, but he went 2-28 in a little over 2 years (1-11 in his first year with 8 double-digit losses) and attendance plummeted to under 20k from over 30k in 2008.

They absolutely should cut bait. Like I said, it would take a miracle for Edsall to in anyway turn this around but it's obviously not going to happen

If I were a large booster, I'm not bailing KA out of this mess. He's not getting a second chance from me to screw this up again.

Since it could end up being one of the situations where the boosters themselves end up paying the salary of the coach, as a group they could demand veto power over his choice.

If I were a large booster, I'm not bailing KA out of this mess. He's not getting a second chance from me to screw this up again.

Yep. I am by no means a large booster with my own family to pay for and all, but I know a couple significant donators and they both closed up their checkbooks indefinitely because of this mess. I'm sure it's not limited to just them either.

Yep. I am by no means a large booster with my own family to pay for and all, but I know a couple significant donators and they both closed up their checkbooks indefinitely because of this mess. I'm sure it's not limited to just them either.

Yep. Many of the big-money folks in the Terrapin Club are not pleased at all.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-terps-kevin-anderson-randy-edsall-1203-20111202,0,5578220.story

Edsall's coming back, and Anderson will conduct a "top to bottom" review of the program.

So, let the jokes begin...

He HAS to keep him though. If he fires Edsall, he is admitting he made a huge blunder, and he will be the next one out the door. The only CHANCE he has at sticking around is if Edsall recovers, the team gets better and he looks like a genius. That's a LONG shot.

Gary leaving, who knows if the timing had anything to do with KA or not but I imagine not, was outside his control, so Turgeon won't reflect as much on him. Forcing Fridge out and then replacing him with this d-bag is his legacy so far.

I say boot them both, I don't like much that I've seen from KA either.

He HAS to keep him though. If he fires Edsall, he is admitting he made a huge blunder, and he will be the next one out the door. The only CHANCE he has at sticking around is if Edsall recovers, the team gets better and he looks like a genius. That's a LONG shot.

Gary leaving, who knows if the timing had anything to do with KA or not but I imagine not, was outside his control, so Turgeon won't reflect as much on him. Forcing Fridge out and then replacing him with this d-bag is his legacy so far.

I say boot them both, I don't like much that I've seen from KA either.

When you say both, you mean KA and Edsall right? I hope you don't mean Turgeon.

I think next year is the year. If in the offseason season ticket sales drop double digit percent , and the team has another 2-10 year, getting worse each week, I think he's done. At that point the athletic dept couldn't afford to keep him around.

He's got to show signs of improvement and show development. Otherwise he's done.

Archived