Orioles Reach Out To Prince Fielder's Representatives

FlyGy185

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What else do you want us to talk about? Roch is talking about some 29 yo who is coming into his own. Fielder and Pujols is nice to talk about. No chance they come here,but what do O's fans have but dreams.

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

If the whole market for Fielder is the Mariners then the Orioles should make a play...Chances are slim based on recent history...But Hey were Due!

What else do you want us to talk about? Roch is talking about some 29 yo who is coming into his own. Fielder and Pujols is nice to talk about. No chance they come here,but what do O's fans have but dreams.

?Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.?

Nice poem, but this smacks of talk of Texiera and every other big name free agent on the market that we never sign.

I know we enjoy speculation here and I know we enjoy discussing baseball, but year after year of rampant unchecked speculation seems a lot like self-flagellation when we rarely make those big moves. :)

If the whole market for Fielder is the Mariners then the Orioles should make a play...Chances are slim based on recent history...But Hey were Due!

Yeah one would figure the Brewers would jump back into the action at this point too. This reeks of a ploy by Boras to draw extra offers from teams.

?Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.?

Try this one on for size

Imagine there's no Fielder

It's easy if you try

No offers below ours

Maine boys only cry

Imagine all the people thinking realistically

yoo hoo ooooo

Try this one on for size

Imagine there's no Fielder

It's easy if you try

No offers below ours

Maine boys only cry

Imagine all the people thinking realistically

yoo hoo ooooo

Nice Soprano.

But since its the Christmas season, let me give it a try.

(sung to the tune of the Little Drummer Boy)

If, you think we'll sign Fielder

you're drinking Rum Rum Rum Rum!

If, instead you like Pujols,

more Rum Rum Rum Rum!

Cause, Peter's money's no good

better drink Rum Rum Rum Rum!

And when the summer comes,

drink rum rum rum rum

rum rum rum rum

rum rum rum rum.

The Orioles, in last place will come

I need Rum Rum Rum Rum....

in a drum!

Then the trade will have not worked out for us. Isn't that kind of obvious?

Kind of like the Sherrill trade? Or the Tejada trade? How about Cliff Lee? Did the Indians make out well on that trade? Look at what the Rangers got for Tex when they traded him to Atlanta.

You and I are just on completely different pages. There are trades out there that turn out fairly well. Most of the time however the team that trades the best player for the prospects get the low end of the deal. The best player the Indians got for CC was LaPorta. He is never going to be that all-star player they wanted him to be.

If a player like Adam Jones or Jeremy Guthrie is a year away from hitting free agency, and they are not willing to sign an extension, then you absolutely trade that player and get what you can get for them. If a player of Adam Jones capability is willing to sign an extension here then you absolutely do not trade him because most likely you will not get back the type of productivity that Jones could have given you. Go back and look. Look at the last 4-5 years at the biggest trade deadline deals and let me know how many of the teams that traded the star player got back what they wanted to get back.

Kind of like the Sherrill trade? Or the Tejada trade? How about Cliff Lee? Did the Indians make out well on that trade? Look at what the Rangers got for Tex when they traded him to Atlanta.

You and I are just on completely different pages. There are trades out there that turn out fairly well. Most of the time however the team that trades the best player for the prospects get the low end of the deal. The best player the Indians got for CC was LaPorta. He is never going to be that all-star player they wanted him to be.

If a player like Adam Jones or Jeremy Guthrie is a year away from hitting free agency, and they are not willing to sign an extension, then you absolutely trade that player and get what you can get for them. If a player of Adam Jones capability is willing to sign an extension here then you absolutely do not trade him because most likely you will not get back the type of productivity that Jones could have given you. Go back and look. Look at the last 4-5 years at the biggest trade deadline deals and let me know how many of the teams that traded the star player got back what they wanted to get back.

Yes...completely different pages.

I want them to build the team properly.

Yes...completely different pages.

I want them to build the team properly.

And which team that has done a rebuild through trades has rebuilt their team properly? Who did the Rays trade in their rebuild process? Who did the Royals trade in their rebuild process before Greinke last year?

And which team that has done a rebuild through trades has rebuilt their team properly? Who did the Rays trade in their rebuild process? Who did the Royals trade in their rebuild process before Greinke last year?

What is this even supposed to mean?

If a trade is out there that benefits your team, you make it.

Just because you overrate Jones and think the Orioles should piss away way too much money on him doesn't mean that trading him is a bad idea.

Look, you don't agree with me and your ideas(IMO) are completely off base and do nothing but set us up for failure...In other words, I will just agree to disagree and move on to others.

Archived