The bottom line is that it is obvious how the Orioles could get involved...and, as of right now, the way they could is coming to fruition, at least publicly.

Dude, the only thing here that is obvious is that the Orioles won't be involved. They're gonna whiff on this. You know it and I know it. Some team that no ones mentioned yet is gonna swoop in and get him.

You're smarter than this, SG.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, the only thing here that is obvious is that the Orioles won't be involved. They're gonna whiff on this. You know it and I know it. Some team that no ones mentioned yet is gonna swoop in and get him.

What do you think would happen on the board if we end up at least offering, if not signing, Fielder for more $$$ and similar years to what we offered Tex?

Oh, I don't think they are going to get him or anything.

I am just saying that for the Orioles to get involved, his market can't go crazy and if that happens, I could see them being in on him.

But I don't expect his market to stay down, so its a moot point.

@ the game and they are playing on the big screenmlb players who promoted the league abroad....fielder in tokyo against sumo wrestlers is something that everyone should watch before suggesting a long term deal for prince

Have you seen this video? Cannot locate it on the web...but it is a must see, Fielder has been and is a very good MLBP. 5 years should be the limit...

What do you think would happen on the board if we end up at least offering, if not signing, Fielder for more $$$ and similar years to what we offered Tex?

Well, it'd probably crash...

El Trea would be hopping around saying that the Orioles are finally serious about winning, that MacPhail really did hold the franchise back and that Angelos is the best owner of all time.

A bunch of people would love it, a bunch of people would be worried that it'd hamstring us for the future. IF we did land him, no matter what your stance is, you couldn't help but to be intrigued at the very least.

But there's no chance. None.

El Trea would be hopping around saying that the Orioles are finally serious about winning, that MacPhail really did hold the franchise back and that Angelos is the best owner of all time.

A bunch of people would love it, a bunch of people would be worried that it'd hamstring us for the future. IF we did land him, no matter what your stance is, you couldn't help but to be intrigued at the very least.

The eternal optimist:D

Oh, I don't think they are going to get him or anything.

I am just saying that for the Orioles to get involved, his market can't go crazy and if that happens, I could see them being in on him.

But I don't expect his market to stay down, so its a moot point.

I'm gonna go on a wild limb here and say the Astros sign him. Just a hunch.

Well for me, Fielder is 75%-80% the player Tex is/was. I can't see any inflationary market that would allow Fielder to get more $$$ than Tex considering he's almost a DH.

Well for me, Fielder is 75%-80% the player Tex is/was. I can't see any inflationary market that would allow Fielder to get more $$$ than Tex considering he's almost a DH.

Taking defense into that consideration, I can see your point. However, Tex's on base percentage has slipped for 3 straight years in a row, Fielder has stayed above .400 for three years in a row.

I haven't studied up on Fielder's defense but I do remember reading he's worked his way into being a decent first baseman. I don't think anyone is going to call him a butcher.

My main issue with signing him is that I feel that the first 2, maybe 3 years of his contract will be a total waste. Our pitching still blows, I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Outside of Britton I'm pretty down on "The Calvary."

That, and his weight issue.

But, if we somehow landed him, I'd be excited. Can't deny that.

Archived