Todays (12-06-2011) Orioles Trade.

weams

Are you thinking Carmona?

Wasn't thinking of him. Was just reading this:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111206&content_id=26103890&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb&partnerId=aw-6026494928902688548-996

Just a delusional stretch on my part to think that an outside the box trade that would get them a big RH bat would be Jones. Would they put together a package with Tomlin and prospects to get him?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just my own opinion, but I really think there's no way they sell low on Matusz now.
It's amazing how far and how fast the trade value of Brian Matusz has fallen.

He went from a 3.1 WAR pitcher to a -2.6 WAR pitcher seemingly overnight.

There are 3 former Orioles on Baseball Reference's most similar pitchers list for Matusz, and that list isn't pretty:

Rick Krivda

Eric Bell

Brian Burress

Let's hope he is a candidate for Comeback Player of the Year at age 25.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/matusbr01.shtml

I don't want to give up Matusz at all, but we drafted him to help our rotation. Whether it's him or someone we receive in return for him, I guess it does not really matter. But I hope that if we trade him that we could extend Floyd if we wanted to, and lately I don't get that feeling from our club. That's really the only reluctance I feel about this potential trade.

I think the Sox want Matusz and Reimold and the O's probably wanted to part with Bergy and Andino plus Bell. The players usually change just like last year with Hardy and the Millwood trade. i guess you put out names and meet in the middle/ We shall see. I think the three way trade is off for now.

So, probably no deals going down then?

I think the Sox want Matusz and Reimold and the O's probably wanted to part with Bergy and Andino plus Bell. The players usually change just like last year with Hardy and the Millwood trade. i guess you put out names and meet in the middle/ We shall see. I think the three way trade is off for now.

Ha ha..I was joking about Bell, that's funny. I am surprised Bell has ANY value. Thanks for sharing this info.

Who knows? I think Duquette thought he would have a deal by now. I think late today or perhaps something early tomorrow. We have not seen alot of trades or FA signings. The market might take another week to develop or pop today.

My guess is some teams want to wait to see where Pujols, Fielder, and Wilson land.

Archived