Nationals have interest in Adam Jones

MrOrange82

A great deal. Of course, the Bedard trade - which was a well-diversified package of talent - counsels against expecting 100% hit rates, I guess.

Sure, but Baltimore still got around 10 fWAR for the package, and still has Jones for two more years and Tillman for three more.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, but Baltimore still got around 10 fWAR for the package, and still has Jones for two more years and Tillman for three more.

Oh, I think the trade proves that it's worth it - no doubt. Even w/o a perfect return, it's worth it. Just not the homerun that we hoped for.

Oh, I think the trade proves that it's worth it - no doubt. Even w/o a perfect return, it's worth it. Just not the homerun that we hoped for.

Agreed. I still like Tillman and think the org should have been able to finish his development more effectively.

The Nationals are knocking on every door looking for an answer, and could get in on B.J. Upton or Denard Span if either are available, as well as Baltimore's Adam Jones.

If the Nationals would pay a ransom for Jones the Orioles would be stupid for not listening.

If the Nationals would pay a ransom for Jones the Orioles would be stupid for not listening.

And if they want to pay up, maybe you can go to Atlanta as well?

Or maybe if you just put him out there, a bidding war happens?

Not many, if any, talented OFers available right now.

And if they want to pay up, maybe you can go to Atlanta as well?

Or maybe if you just put him out there, a bidding war happens?

Not many, if any, talented OFers available right now.

What's so bad for the Orioles to publicly say we will listen to offers for every player they have?

Really I dont believe the Orioles have a core to build around. Wieters, Jones, Markakis &Hardy are all good ...But none are really great at this point.

Where do we stand on him? What does his best case scenario look like? Where do you think he will end up?

I still very much believe in the stuff, potential and ceiling, but honestly can't figure out what Baltimore is doing with him. It's like there is a new "plan" for him every four months. Add a cutter. Alter his tempo. Let him work it out at the MLB level. Bring him down to AAA to tweak something else.

I think conditioning needs to improve, but I also think there is simply something fundamentally off with how the organization is preparing their arms for life as a MLB starter.

I still very much believe in the stuff, potential and ceiling, but honestly can't figure out what Baltimore is doing with him. It's like there is a new "plan" for him every four months. Add a cutter. Alter his tempo. Let him work it out at the MLB level. Bring him down to AAA to tweak something else.

I think conditioning needs to improve, but I also think there is simply something fundamentally off with how the organization is preparing their arms for life as a MLB starter.

Well, we've just bumped him further back for a 28 year old journeyman "starter." I know I'd rather see Tillman get those innings. Maybe we can trade Tillman for another prospect whose team has lost the faith.

Too many cooks. We need just one, Peterson would do me fine. But Buck would still make it one too many.

... but I also think there is simply something fundamentally off with how the organization is preparing their arms for life as a MLB starter.

It would be difficult to find anyone who disagrees with that. Or I guess, more accurately, I completely agree and therefore think everyone else should, too.

No doubt Nick. The last major league starter we developed of any merit was Erik Bedard. How long ago was that again? Between the drafting, the conditioning, the consistency, and the pitching coaching itself, this organization has been a disaster at developing pitching.

Alas, you can almost make the same argument for hitters. If you allow that Matt Weiters was almost fully baked when we got him, you have to go back to Nick Markakis. That's a long time ago, and not (in my mind) a real impact bat.

Yikes!

No doubt Nick. The last major league starter we developed of any merit was Erik Bedard. How long ago was that again? Between the drafting, the conditioning, the consistency, and the pitching coaching itself, this organization has been a disaster at developing pitching.

Alas, you can almost make the same argument for hitters. If you allow that Matt Weiters was almost fully baked when we got him, you have to go back to Nick Markakis. That's a long time ago, and not (in my mind) a real impact bat.

Yikes!

And even Bedard wasn't a workhorse and asked out of games regularly after 5 innings.

At least they've cut down their delivery times; being quicker to the plate has really helped a lot hasn't it?

At least they've cut down their delivery times; being quicker to the plate has really helped a lot hasn't it?

Well it's important because Wieters was REALLY struggling throwing runners out. Right? Anyone?

#FocusOnImportantThingsPlease

Archived