Per Roch: Orioles are not bidding on Darvish.

andrewrickli

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I have no I idea if Duq wanted to bid on him or not, but as I just said, I would have been shocked if PA was willing to commit what it would take to win the right to negotiate with him.

Right. There was no way I ever saw PA making the investment it would cost just to negotiate, let alone signing him to a contract.

I am completely fine with this assuming we spend some money elsewhere, which I have seen little evidence of thus far this offseason. This could be a very costly mistake. I would rather have some bullpen help (there are many this offseason), a bat or two (Fielder, Cuddyer) and as much SP help as possible. Just spend some money already. Show the fans something.

At this point they wouldnt even spend on Bruce Chen,who incidentally, all kidding aside, had a much better season than any Oriole starter last year. Much.

Just goes to show a soft tossing lefty can be effective. Considering the age difference isn't huge, I'd still rather go $8-$10m per on Chen than $18m-$20m on Darvish.

Archived