Morosi on Fielder's suitors...including the Orioles

MrOrange82

It's a simple equation. Pay him 15-20% more than he would get elsewhere, and Fielder will come play for an abysmal team in Baltimore.

Otherwise, he can go to Chicago, Toronto or Texas and be a lot closer to winning.

Right..Trea is really searching for things. Its quite amusing.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think its very possible that he gets that or very close to that...which means the Orioles would have to go above that number to get him.

I don't know why this isn't registering with him. Right now, it seems as though most teams are holding fast to the 5/6 year ceiling, given that Fielder's gigantic. Sooner or later, a good team that feels it's close to competing will probably kick in an extra year and push the money towards the numbers Trea mentioned. Consequently, the Orioles would have to match or add years, AND add a lot of money.

Fielder's not coming here.

It's a simple equation. Pay him 15-20% more than he would get elsewhere, and Fielder will come play for an abysmal team in Baltimore.

Otherwise, he can go to Chicago, Toronto or Texas and be a lot closer to winning.

Is he really that closer to winning in Toronto? Are the Cubs that close to be winners? I can see Texas and the Blue Jays and Cubs are in better shape than the Orioles, but I think that if the Orioles were going to be players in a premium guy than they would have a good chance to land Fielder. I will say that Fielder will sign with a team that he gets linked to that he hasn't been linked to all offseason.

Not when other teams are likely only offering 5/125

I doubt there's much incentive for anyone to make a bold offer right now. Boras has the only show in town and he's going to milk this one for another month. When teams know it's nearing the end game, the serious offers will start to roll in. He'll get 7 years somewhere.

I doubt there's much incentive for anyone to make a bold offer right now. Boras has the only show in town and he's going to milk this one for another month. When teams know it's nearing the end game, the serious offers will start to roll in. He'll get 7 years somewhere.

I think you'll see Fielder sign by Friday.

Rollins is off the board, so Fielder and Beltran are all that's left.

Is he really that closer to winning in Toronto? Are the Cubs that close to be winners? I can see Texas and the Blue Jays and Cubs are in better shape than the Orioles, but I think that if the Orioles were going to be players in a premium guy than they would have a good chance to land Fielder. I will say that Fielder will sign with a team that he gets linked to that he hasn't been linked to all offseason.

Is Toronto that much closer to winning than Baltimore? Cubs? I think, yes, the two are much closer to making a playoff appearance. Especially with two wildcards now.

I agree Baltimore can sign Fielder. They'd just be doing it at a much greater amount than Toronto/Texas/Chicago would be offering.

Is Toronto that much closer to winning than Baltimore? Cubs? I think, yes, the two are much closer to making a playoff appearance. Especially with two wildcards now.

I agree Baltimore can sign Fielder. They'd just be doing it at a much greater amount than Toronto/Texas/Chicago would be offering.

If it is money related than Texas has a big advantage. They do not have state income taxes there like they do here. They have a higher sales tax, but if the Orioles and Rangers offered the same years and money than he would have two reasons to sign with Texas. I do not think that the Jays will be players for both Darvish and Fielder. I think there is liitle to no chance that Fielder signs here even if we offer 10% more than Texas as that would really only be a 2% savings (Maybe less). We would need to offer 15%-20% more and I do not think that Fielder is worth $175M over 7 years.

It is going to be hard for the AL East to field 4 playoff teams. If every team in the AL East makes the playoff except the Orioles I may just get sick and I am not sure that I am joking.

I think you'll see Fielder sign by Friday.

Rollins is off the board, so Fielder and Beltran are all that's left.

Boras isn't going to let Fielder sign anywhere until he's messed with you and a few potential bidders first. I'm sure Jon Heyman has lots of work to do regarding this situation. Remember the Angelos "mandate!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL

It is going to be hard for the AL East to field 4 playoff teams. If every team in the AL East makes the playoff except the Orioles I may just get sick and I am not sure that I am joking.

Seeing as it's impossible for four playoff teams to come from a single division, I think you're safe. :)

Archived