Unhappy Scouts??

beardbr

It's just that all I can think of are those cheesy MTV cut-ins they used to do with her and Kirk Loder. I wish she would have gone on to bigger and better things, but that's all I can think of when I hear her name.

If this is your litmus for being "taken seriously" then you probably shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basic questions:

1. For years we've claimed to not have enough scouts. How does eliminating a department help this?

2. Are these scouts major or minor league scouts? I've heard both.

Seems to me that we're a bit enamored with DD's positioning himself as Shiva, but we have no idea what it might mean. I'm sure this is huge for the "change for the sake of change" crowd. I would think it would be better to just hire six more scouts for where the re-assigned folks were carted off to, myself.

Basic questions:

1. For years we've claimed to not have enough scouts. How does eliminating a department help this?

Seems to me that we're a bit enamored with DD's positioning himself as Shiva, but we have no idea what it might mean. I'm sure this is huge for the "change for the sake of change" crowd. I would think it would be better to just hire six more scouts for where the re-assigned folks were carted off to, myself.

I think that it is safe to assume that people are going to be brought in.

Historically speaking you are better off criticizing the O's then supporting their decisions.

Right. So if a national writer wants to rattle off 140 characters without thinking, on average, you will be right more often than wrong if you criticize the O's. It's still lazy.

If this is your litmus for being "taken seriously" then you probably shouldn't be taken seriously.

Well I was pretty sure that I didn't need to throw out there that this wasn't really serious.

You know what my issues are with Moneyball, I just recently found out he was married to Soren though, and now all I can think about are those cheesy cut-ins right before they'd talk about some new NSync album or something :)

That and I wouldn't expect to be taken seriously. It's an internet message board.

Basic questions:

Both, both but a majority were ML advance scouts.

Well I was pretty sure that I didn't need to throw out there that this wasn't really serious.

You know what my issues are with Moneyball, I just recently found out he was married to Soren though, and now all I can think about are those cheesy cut-ins right before they'd talk about some new NSync album or something :)

That and I wouldn't expect to be taken seriously. It's an internet message board.

Well, I do take you seriously. Just not when you go on about Moneyball! (Drives me nuts. ;) )

See, I'm no Michael Lewis fan. The guy is a financial wiz with an Econ degree, but is no baseball guy. I'll spare yet another Moneyball rant, but the guy is married to Tabitha Soren for god's sake, I can't take him seriously about anything that has to do with sports.

What does Lewis's knowledge of sports, good or bad, have to do with the fact that Keith Law told him one thing when he was interviewed and then completely reversed course later?

What does Lewis's knowledge of sports, good or bad, have to do with the fact that Keith Law told him one thing when he was interviewed and then completely reversed course later?

Would anyone be surprised if Keith Law actually turned out to be a douche?*

*Note, not saying his is one. Exactly.

Archived