Heyman: O's could sign Crisp soon (Update: Crisp signs with A's)

Greg

What kind of contract did he sign? OK we got him in a trade and he had a MiL contract with the LAD's. So he could go to Norfolk. That just means that Hunter could go into the rotation.

I think Hunter has a better shot than Eveland, though due to injuries or bad pitching I bet Eveland gets his shot somewhere down the season.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic, but I must compliment how the OH racks up eleven pages on a weeknight in the middle of the night about getting Coco Crisp. My hats off to all of you.

Haha - huzzah to the OH! The best fans in baseball, if I do say so myself. To be fair, the Jones trade talk has bumped this thread a few dozens times already. :)

I wonder if BMat could go to Atlanta as well? I hope not.

I would like to see Minor. As I have said it would be nice if we flipped Jurrjens.

I would be in shock if this all happened.

He is the kind of pitcher they like, but if it's Jones and BMat I'd think they'd have to give up a KILLER package. I get the impression DD is no dummy, and he's not going to deal BMat right now.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of Oriole pitching prospects with eternal "upside" (we'll get 'em five years from now!)... and very little "now-side."

Yep, Matusz now for Floyd now is the deal I make. This is even more important since Floyd is from Baltimore IMO. He puts an Orioles jersey on and a boys dream comes true and you might very well get a better player IMO.

Yep, Matusz now for Floyd now is the deal I make. This is even more important since Floyd is from Baltimore IMO. He puts an Orioles jersey on and a boys dream comes true and you might very well get a better player IMO.

He'd have better value going to SD in a deal for one of their excess 1B. BMat for Alonso maybe.

I still think you forgot Arrieta in your projection, no?
If Jones goes to Atlanta I think it is for JJ, Prado and Delgado.

That gives us :

Guthrie

JJ

Britton

Arrieta

Wada

With Hunter and Simon as long men/spot starters, and Matusz, Delgado, and Eveland in Norfolk.

CF Crisp

RF Nick

C Wieters

1B Reynolds

DH Davis

SS Hardy

LF Reimold

3B Prado

2B Roberts/Antonelli

Bench:

Teahan

Andino

Chavez

Flaherty

Also if we sign Crisp we are more likely to go after Soler than Cespedes, IMO.

Archived