Heyman: O's could sign Crisp soon (Update: Crisp signs with A's)

Greg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Jones goes to Atlanta I think it is for JJ, Prado and Delgado.

That gives us :

Guthrie

JJ

Britton

Arrieta

Wada

With Hunter and Simon as long men/spot starters, and Matusz, Delgado, and Eveland in Norfolk.

CF Crisp

RF Nick

C Wieters

1B Reynolds

DH Davis

SS Hardy

LF Reimold

3B Prado

2B Roberts/Antonelli

Bench:

Teahan

Andino

Chavez

Flaherty

Also if we sign Crisp we are more likely to go after Soler than Cespedes, IMO.

That is not a good enough rotation IMO. I think Reimold could be traded for Floyd so I am not sure that we couldn't deal Reimold plus for Floyd and still make a run at Cesepdes to play LF. I think Soler would make more sense, but I would be shocked to see us land either one of these guys to be honest.

That is not a good enough rotation IMO. I think Reimold could be traded for Floyd so I am not sure that we couldn't deal Reimold plus for Floyd and still make a run at Cesepdes to play LF. I think Soler would make more sense, but I would be shocked to see us land either one of these guys to be honest.
Cespedes is going to cost too much. Prado is a much better 3B than a LF. The only way they trade for Floyd is if they are moving Guthrie. I doubt they are. I think they wait for both him and JJ to be moved at the deadline.

I would make that deal because I think that we could get Floyd for Reimold and Tillman to be honest.

I'd rather have Reimold for 4 years than Floyd for 2 honestly. Then again I'd rather deal Markakis to ATL than Jones, move Reimold to RF, Jones to SF for Belt +, and BMat to SD for Alonso + Boxberger.

If they trade Reimold they are crazy. And Floyd just isnt anything special. Please Orioles dont do this.

I do not think that Reimold is an everyday LF'er because I do not think he could stay healthy while playing 130+ games in LF. I also think that he is a weak DH option. I know that many think that Floyd is nothing special, but nothing I have seen from Reimold thus far make me think he will be anything more than decent left fielder or great 4th outfielder.

Floyd is a Maryland product and could extend. IF the Orioles could field a quality staff they could use a lot of the AAAA guys to add a quality player or two IMO

I do not think that Reimold is an everyday LF'er because I do not think he could stay healthy while playing 130+ games in LF. I also think that he is a weak DH option. I know that many think that Floyd is nothing special, but nothing I have seen from Reimold thus far make me think he will be anything more than decent left fielder or great 4th outfielder.

Floyd is a Maryland product and could extend. IF the Orioles could field a quality staff they could use a lot of the AAAA guys to add a quality player or two IMO

What makes you think Reimold couldn't stay healthy?

I don't want to trade for Floyd if Reimold is involved in the deal. He has the best batting eye of anyone on the O's, and decent pop as well. I think he's a really valuable offensive weapon for us. However, he's a mediocre defensive outfielder at best.

JJ has too many negatives.

1) Probably can't pass a physical and if he does he is a high risk for DL with right knee problems.

2) Boras client who probably will go FA and not extend.

3) FA in two years which is same as Jones. Difference is that Jones may sign extension.

4) Arbitration eligible with salary pretty close to Jones salary. So the O's are not getting a cheaper player to free up money.

JJ has too many negatives.

1) Probably can't pass a physical and if he does he is a high risk for DL with right knee problems.

2) Boras client who probably will go FA and not extend.

3) FA in two years which is same as Jones. Difference is that Jones may sign extension.

4) Arbitration eligible with salary pretty close to Jones salary. So the O's are not getting a cheaper player to free up money.

I've said all this before, but...

Jones has, IMO, significant trade value, and that value shouldn't be squandered on bringing ML players back to the Orioles. If Jones is traded, and most of Jones' return is tied up in Jurrjens/Prado, that trade is awful for the O's.

According to this' date=' Coco has made a decision...

[b']Coco Crisp's agent said Monday that his client has made up his mind on where he'll sign, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.

"Covelli has made up his mind," said Crisp's agent Steve Comte. "Basically, we just have to let that team know."

Comte confirmed to Slusser that he has continued to talk with the Athletics all along, but Crisp has also drawn interest from the Cubs and Dodgers. We should know where he'll end up within the next couple of days. The 32-year-old batted .264/.314/.379 with eight homers, 54 RBI, 49 stolen bases and a .693 OPS this past season with Oakland.[/b]

Source: San Francisco Chronicle Jan 2 - 8:14 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3522/coco-crisp

...Go O's!!!

His numbers look like crap!

Not sure everyone's infatuation with Crisp, but if we're essentially trading Jones for JJ and Crisp, I'd pass.

Archived